45Mph Bounce Driving Me Crazy

jon1178

So I have been getting this bounce/shimmy around the 45 mark coming from the backend of the truck. I thought maybe I had a bent rim so i rotated the tires to see if it would move to the front and it did not so i figured must have bent an axle because it looks like the passenger rear is the one with the wobble. Well replace the axle shaft today and went for a test drive and it is still not cured. Could the brake rotors be causing this? I am not feeling any pulsating through the pedal though. The worst part about this is most of the driving I do is around town at about 45 mph.

Just for giggles and grins, try adding 100 or more LBS in the bed. Sand Mulch, people, whatever, and take a drive. This changes the Pinon angle. It made mine smooth out. I ended up just living with it as I did not have the tools to make the proper measurements and repairs.

CD

I am going to try putting new rotors and pads on this weekend. I doubt it has anything to do with the pinion angle because it has not always done this. My wheels are forged aluminum so I would assume that i would see cracks if they were bent in any way.

Turned out to be bad shocks. Which I discovered while pulling a trailer.

Well, you got an extra axle shaft out of the deal. :happysad:

Just kidding ya man!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update, glad she fixed up & running smooth for you again...