Anyone Know If 5" Or 6" Rear Drop Will Work On The Rear With 3

BLOWN SS/T

So I'm trying to get a lowering kit pieced together. I wanna do 3" LCA for the front, and wanna do a flip for the rear with the 1" lift shackles for a 5" drop. I'm sure the notch is a must, but I'll do it.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the 305/40/22 will fit with the 5" drop or even a 6". I've got hoses with an electric pump wired routed for my old airlift system. Took it out when I did 2" rear shackles. And what do you guys doing to fix the chevy right lean. Wheels are 22 ss factory reps. And pirelli zero 305/40

I don't want the front to be lower then the rear, I'd prefer the rear to sit lower.

Let me know your guys thoughts.

From what I've been reading I think that tire size might rub. I'm getting a 4/6 drop shipped out to me right now (so i can't confirm with fact, just with the research i've been doing), my tire size is going to be either 285/35/r22 or 275/35/r22

Ya 285/35 is what I was telling myself I shoulda got after the 305/40s shipped. But I got a real good deal, just gonna suck if I get the flip and tires rub. I'm gonna roll the fenders too.

Are you doing a belltech or djm notch?

Anyone got the part number for the belltech flip and notch kit? And gonna try and get a rear sway either djm or belltech which ever I can get a better deal on

Btw Nice avtar pic lol

Here's a pic with 295 30 22 pirelli's on my clone

and the SS a couple years back

with 3" front and 4" rear my fender height is 32" on my clone im still gona go lower

but when i had 305 40 22 on, the front of my SS rubbed abit with a 3" 4"

IMG_0242.jpg

DSC_1092.jpg

lol why not do a 2inch hanger 3in shackles??? thats what I'm doing plus a 1inch lowering block, and no that tire won't fit 285/35r22 is your best bet, be sure your offset is correct on your rims because you will be tucking some tire

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

Ya 285/35 is what I was telling myself I shoulda got after the 305/40s shipped. But I got a real good deal, just gonna suck if I get the flip and tires rub. I'm gonna roll the fenders too.

Are you doing a belltech or djm notch?

Anyone got the part number for the belltech flip and notch kit? And gonna try and get a rear sway either djm or belltech which ever I can get a better deal on

Btw Nice avtar pic lol

belltech notch, got mine from Norcalss on here give him a msg

I'm gonna be rolling the rear fenders too.

I know eh? pretty wicked pic

lol why not do a 2inch hanger 3in shackles??? thats what I'm doing plus a 1inch lowering block, and no that tire won't fit 285/35r22 is your best bet, be sure your offset is correct on your rims because you will be tucking some tire

Who makes 3 shackles to work with the truck. I guess I could do the hangers if the 305/40s won't fit and just for giggles try a 3" shackle. I didn't wanna go hanger and shackle route cuz of the angle it'll put the leafs in, and plus I wanted the rear to sit even or lower then front.

Tallcanadian

Do u have the part number on that whole kit u got?

Blownfogger

Thanks for the pix. U get those 24x15 all setup yet : )

i have much of the stuf fhere that he bought from me. Main thing is in rear the belltech notch is about 400 shipped and will box in the frame the djm notch is 200 shipped and only goes on outside of frame.

i have much of the stuf fhere that he bought from me. Main thing is in rear the belltech notch is about 400 shipped and will box in the frame the djm notch is 200 shipped and only goes on outside of frame.

The problem is I already have the 305/40/22s and I'm trying to do a flip with lift shackles at 5". I've been measuring and it looks like it would clear and maybe some light rubbing with the fenders when driving on big dips or with weight in the bed. But I'll have to either roll the fenders or cut. Do u know for sure if this tire won't work with a 5" drop. I'm real close to saying f#%^ it and just ordering it and trying first hand. The wheels are factory reps ss 22 10 with 30mm backspace

The problem is I already have the 305/40/22s and I'm trying to do a flip with lift shackles at 5". I've been measuring and it looks like it would clear and maybe some light rubbing with the fenders when driving on big dips or with weight in the bed. But I'll have to either roll the fenders or cut. Do u know for sure if this tire won't work with a 5" drop. I'm real close to saying f#%^ it and just ordering it and trying first hand. The wheels are factory reps ss 22 10 with 30mm backspace

it wont work. once you notch it the tires will come up so high will get cut up. This is why 285 35 22 is the biggest I do on any silerado ss that is notched.

front measure

frontmeasure.jpg

rear measure

backmeasure.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

This pic shows how you will rub any lower than 4" on a 305 width tire

008.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

Not trying to show off or let you down, just showing to help you make best decison

Offset: +14 on a 22x9.5" rim

Tires: 305/40/22

C-notched it mainly for looks and effect, the tires are gonna shred before the axle would even dip into the notch lol plus the deal my friends shop gave me I couldn't pass up.

McGaughy's complete kit here for me. Belltech Street Performance shocks.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)