Subs Are In!

got my new system in the back of the SS i was having problems with my back seat not fitting but i got it to fit today!!!

here is what i got in it!!

2 12s kicker cvx

5000w earthquake amp

sound stream epicenter

6.5 pioneer 3 way in the front

4x6 pioneer 3 way in rear seats

some thick tweeters in the front!

1000w performance technique amp for highs!!!

0 gauge dual amp wires

kole audio 20 frad capacitor

soundstrem equalizer

and a panasonic in-dash!

487751_10150750898694414_674799413_11440121_178186978_n.jpg

427642_10150711537894414_674799413_11306946_737691990_n.jpg

422529_10150733889224414_674799413_11379527_1449025348_n.jpg

Edited by mando28 (see edit history)

Wow !! You like sound. Man i used to be the same way, but i kinda grew outta having all my mirrors shaking and rattling all my bolts looose..LOL

My brother turned me this way lol

Next is the engin :)

Very nice. I have heard the same idea of a downfiring box if you want more sound. Cant imagine needing more out of them though. Guess I'm getting old! LOL

They gave me a quote on one with a cushion ontop of it and leather all around to make it look like my original seats for around $350

they are not as loud as i thought it would be because there is not much air space

but they do the job

from the looks of it they built you the smallest box they could if they exteded the box out a bit and remade it they can get 4 cubs under the seat without lifting it and that would mean you could port it, a ported box can be twice as loud as a non ported box. The rule to audio is 30% product 70% install any audio shop will agree, you can make walmart subs hit harder then w7s all day cvx's can be very loud my buddy had tens under his seat with 3 cubes of space and hit 147.2 which for 2 cheap tens is pretty good in my book

from the looks of it they built you the smallest box they could if they exteded the box out a bit and remade it they can get 4 cubs under the seat without lifting it and that would mean you could port it, a ported box can be twice as loud as a non ported box. The rule to audio is 30% product 70% install any audio shop will agree, you can make walmart subs hit harder then w7s all day cvx's can be very loud my buddy had tens under his seat with 3 cubes of space and hit 147.2 which for 2 cheap tens is pretty good in my book

I thought with a ported box it needs more air space for the speakers?

I was told a non ported box would sound better with high wattage speakers in small areas

I have basically the same setup as you except I have a Custom Box by Subthump.com and it's a downfire box and wow do they hit hard!

Probs go out to my mechanic Ryan Dixon at Dixon Performance Engineering for the hook up. peelout.gif