Randy From Grundy Va.

Good times and plenty of mods

I have found a 2004 ss with 99000 miles, what kinda life is left in this truck? I am a mechanic by trade, but know little about the 6.0 and ss drive train. I have an 01 f150 fabtech lift on 35"s. I can get the ss for my ford and $6K.......can we get better fuel mileage? Go to a 6 speed maybe? 4.10 and 4 speed is a mileage killer......I will have about $12K in the truck to get it home. The mods are my hobby, so is great entertainment for me. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Really, thanks alot guys for taking time to read this and reply.

There's a few things you can do for some better mpg, but at the end of the day its a heavy awd truck with a 6.0L engine, youre not exactly buying this for the mileage lol.

My truck js about to roll over 200k km's and it runs like new still. It all depends on how you treat it and how the previous owner treated it

Plenty of life left in that truck for sure and as far as more mpg you can always get a tune from 1 of the many tuners on the site that will certainly help out and of course the obvious keep your foot out of it lol. Also we have some really nice meets in the area and really great guys