Ac Recirculate Button

mr84ss

whats up fam. when i bought my truck couple months ago it was cold. Now that its gotten warm i turned on the ac and hit the recirculate button. The light on the button is on, but no change in air speed. What could be the problem with it?

no change in speed. It opens a door on the evap box to recirc cabin air . You should notice a slight change in air noise when hitting the button

All trucks I've been in boost air speed when you hit the button

All trucks I've been in boost air speed when you hit the button

sorry I should explain myself a little better :thumbsup: I agree air speed is a little more because of less restriction of recirculating the air instead of pulling from outside which is what I meant by hearing a change in noise when recirc is on. But the acutal motor doesnt change a speed.

Edited by wantaSSS (see edit history)

I dont get a change in air speed either. i know of all the cars and trucks i drove at the rental car place. when you hit the button you notice a big difference in air speed. my dad has a 03 silverado z71 and his button generates more air when pressed. so what can i do to fix this problem?

I dont get a change in air speed either. i know of all the cars and trucks i drove at the rental car place. when you hit the button you notice a big difference in air speed. my dad has a 03 silverado z71 and his button generates more air when pressed. so what can i do to fix this problem?

Has your concern been resolved? Feel free to contact me if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.