Tech Question

steelers7girl

Has anyone had hard starting problems with their SS Silverado? I have a 2003 SS that I bought new & it now has 100k miles on it. The battery, alternator, etc is all good. Has new plugs & gas filter. But recently, I'd say within the last 6 months, when I crank it up, it turns over but won't start until I turn off the key & crank it a second time. At first I thought maybe it wasn't getting enough fuel, but as I said, it has a new fuel filter & you can hear the fuel pump running when you turn the key on. It seems like the ignition is hanging up. Anyone else have this problem? Also from time to time, when I turn it off, the bell keeps ringing as if the key is still in the ignition.

Also from time to time, when I turn it off, the bell keeps ringing as if the key is still in the ignition.

Mine does this as well. Usually only when i pull it out to fast...haha no but seriously if anyone has an idea I'm all ears..:D

• 2 months later...

did u figure it out? just asking cause Im having the same problem

Has your concern been resolved? Please feel free to contact me privately with further details for more assistance. It would also be helpful to include the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.