Suspension Shop Details

cmoney23

Took my ss to a well known suspension shop today. They lift and lower trucks all day. Their main mechanic i was personally talking with said he looked up stock height for our truck and i was 4-1/2 inches lower in the front than stock and my rear is dam lower than 4". So i guess my calculations were way off. Anyway the mechanic said i cant go any lower in the front cause my front cv's are maxed out. So im having him raise it up 1" in the rear and 3/4" in the front. That way he said he can get a good allignment on it. Not back to stock specs but pretty close. Check my Sig out? That did look dam low for a 3/4 i thought. It looks like a 4/6 to me. Dont know why, but it does. Well i go back to pick my truck up tomorrow. Finally done!!!

yeah i was wondering why you kept claiming your drop wasnt working cuz based on your pics it looked right.

my 4/6 sits a lot lower in the rear. I would leave yours the height it is in that pic, any higher will look weird because of your tire size being so small.

Im gonna get new tires i think. The place i bought my tires from buys used tires back. And these are pretty much brand new so i excpect to lose a little money but in the end it'll look better. Gonna go 305/35/22 i think

Im gonna get new tires i think. The place i bought my tires from buys used tires back. And these are pretty much brand new so i excpect to lose a little money but in the end it'll look better. Gonna go 305/35/22 i think

agreed,

wait what happened? you told me the djm a arms only lowered 1 inch?

Before the djm arms were installed i measured from top of tire to the middle of the bottom of the fender and it was 5". Then measured again after djm's were installed and have 3-1/2. So today i take it to a suspension shop and they look up my stock ride height and tell me im 4" lower than stock. So im dumb founded. He showed me the cv axle and it was Maxed out the angle it was pointing up. My rear was 1" higher before the drop kit. After 3/4 drop kit my rear was lower by 1". But looking at my pics i swear my truck looks like its lower than 3/4. So idk man.

Yes all the way. Do your cliets trucks that vet a 3/4 look as low as mine

that explains it then. If keys are decranked no way your going to get 3 more inches.

on the djm 3/4 kit i sell with the rear at 4 inches front should be set to 1/2 inch lower and your good to go.

With my 4" rear drop and my 3" front drop my rear sits 1" lower with my keys totally decranked. This could be because my rear leafs are worn out and sag a bit. Because the previous owner did say he towed alot. So thats the conclusion i came up with. My front end is as low as it can go right now without doing damage to my front cv axles

• 2 weeks later...

for your info. the rear of my buddys sss we removed the gaylords cover off of and came up 5/8 of a inch in the rear.

hes going to put a custom roll pan on so truk prob will come up another 5/16-3/8 taking that stock bumper off

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)