Gmc Version Of The Ss? Opinions?

chawkins6789

I have an 04 Sierra ext cab 2wd. as it sits, 4.8/4L60E 3.42. Street Scene makes an SS front bumper cover which i will be adding, and later ill do the rear bumper. What tranny and gears were in the SS? Also, i will be dropping in an LQ9 in due time. I have replica SS 20's on it right now. I am a new member i and have always loved the SS but could never get ahold of one. well a decent one. the one i could have had was a salvage title and i didnt want that. but what do you guys think?

the AWD had 4:10 front and rear the RWD has 3:73 (correct me if im wrong guys) the transmission in the AWD is a 4L60e the RWD not sure maybe a 4L80e.

and id do the conversion and do a cladding kit as well i like seeing people do their own things with these trucks. good luck with your build

Don't put the rear bumper on unless you plan on or are going to do the cladding otherwise they look goofy.

Sent From My GNex

iamwithstupid.gif

Welcome to the site lets see some pics

I am using my tablet right now. I'll post some when I get back to so-cal.

So far I have blacked denali headlights, anzo smoked led parking lights, recon smoked led tails, recon smoked led third brake light, billet grille, silverado ss replica 20's, black tool box, west in bed rail caps, black bear tune, k&n 77 series cold air, flowmaster 40 dumping before the axle, drilled and slotted front rotors and akebono severe duty ceramic pads all the way around

I have an 04 Sierra ext cab 2wd. as it sits, 4.8/4L60E 3.42. Street Scene makes an SS front bumper cover which i will be adding, and later ill do the rear bumper. What tranny and gears were in the SS? Also, i will be dropping in an LQ9 in due time. I have replica SS 20's on it right now. I am a new member i and have always loved the SS but could never get ahold of one. well a decent one. the one i could have had was a salvage title and i didnt want that. but what do you guys think?

you should make your own version of an SS with that sierra. something unique, maybe like stated add all the cladding of the SS an HD hood to that sierra and see how it turns out if you end up not liking it you can just do a silverado front end swap.

post-11510-041737900 1333604938_thumb.jpg

Edited by SATRKSINTMIDATOR (see edit history)

With a SSS rear bumper cover you HAVE to get the lower cladding, behind the rear tires IMHO.

:happy:

Exactly, If you dont add the cladding it will look like crap because it sticks out the sides. I have seen many "clones" with the SS bumper but missing the cladding and they look like crap

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)