I Was Looking Under My Truck...

dirttoo

while doing brakes I looked at my rear springs and how much space was between the rubber snubber and the spring and there isn't even 2" there now. I have a set of drop shackles I want to put on but don't want to be bottomed out just sitting there. I have read on here about cutting the rubber but should I have to cut it only lowering 2"? I also want to pull a trailer with about 320 lbs tongue weight. Is that too much for the clearance I will have with the drop shackles? thanks

Either cut off 1 nub from your stock bump stop, Or us lowered guys just remove the the bump stop bracket from the frame and put in a aftermarket shorter bump stop in its place. There is already a hole in your frame to mount the aftermarket bump stop too. Real easy.

You can cut the rear stops with no problems if you only need minimal clearance. It is only there to keep the axle from contacting the frame. But it is just as easy to remove the bracket from the frame and put a shorter one on or reuse your old one.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2