Looking for a beater, whats a good one?

jddmj

Civic has been on the list. A real clean CRX would be my top pick, but any would do. Yes, the truck is off craigslist. I checked the insurance on what I was going to get, and it was 160 more a month than my truck. So a beater it is!

I agree with the Civics. Also some mid to late 90's Pontiacs with 3.1 or 3.8 motors hold up exceptionally well and are cheap. Great mileage as well. I had a Scion Xb that I loved and got great mileage, if you could find one in your price range. I am a really big guy and it had all kinds of room inside for me. No power, but great mileage. Good luck with your hunt.

I drive highway miles, and weigh over 300 haha. Dont see a scooter happening, or I would. I read on fueleconomy.gov that a CRX can get 43 in the city, and 46 on the high way. That is why im interested.

True, but a CR-SEX is not much bigger than a scooter, lol. My step dad is 6'3- 275ish and could not fit in it in my Cr-SEX. I got almost the same mpg in a 95 civic coupe. I also got 42 highway in a 96 hatch, before I swapped the motor.

True, but a CR-SEX is not much bigger than a scooter, lol. My step dad is 6'3- 275ish and could not fit in it in my Cr-SEX. I got almost the same mpg in a 95 civic coupe. I also got 42 highway in a 96 hatch, before I swapped the motor.

Very interesting.

im fixin up a 89 crx right now. 260k on the clock but damn it idles smooth and runs awesome. i threw 18's on it lol. not in the greatest shape but im guna try and buy it to replace my 2000 hyundai accent witch runs like crap with 187k.

IMG_20120422_195835.jpg