What's a good way to spruce up the look of the underhood insulatio

gmJake

haha, sounds personal. take it out

The insulation is stained from the many oil leaks i've had before i got the crankcase pressure problem from the turbos figured out. Now it just looks like shit. Besides, its a fire protectant so i can't remove it.

Honestly the hood insulation isnt going to put out a fire if you have one under the hood. Out of all the car fires i have put out, the insulation didnt do anything. The only way it will properly work is if it didnt allow the fire to access oxygen. It wont stop fire....

Otherwise you can remove it, gently scrub it with a soft bruxh with water and simple green, spray paint it black, and get a stencil of whatever you want and paint the stencil on it.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

How many car fires have you had anyway? Is this something that happens to you often?

The man could be a firefighter lol.

I've seen some guys use dynamatting under the entire hood, so you could have a shiny silver one if you wanted instead of the black stuff?

I took mine out, If a fire starts the truck is ****ed either way lol.

The man could be a firefighter lol.

I've seen some guys use dynamatting under the entire hood, so YouTube could have a shiny silver one if you wanted instead of the black stuff?

I took mine out, If a fire starts the truck is ****ed either way lol.

I didn't ask what he did when I was there. I think Mike starts fires and collects insurance money. Rich bastard

isn't dynamat sticky on one side? plaster your underhood, cut/trim to fit. Easy

Yep, It is cut to fit and sticky on one side. You do have to buy a special roller for it though to smotth it out... It will help displace heat away from the hood and make youer engine bay silent.