Radio help (Touch Nav)

Okay, so I have our factory bose system in my truck atm and want to put a touch nav, ideally with dvd in. Does anyone out there know of a good "cheap" one that fits in and will retain EVERYTHING from the factory raido? (XM, onstar, Steering wheel, etc..)

Okay, so I have our factory bose system in my truck atm and want to put a touch nav, ideally with dvd in. Does anyone out there know of a good "cheap" one that fits in and will retain EVERYTHING from the factory raido? (XM, onstar, Steering wheel, etc..)

A good cheap touch navi? I dont think those words go together in the same sentence. :jester: Your looking at base price of 700 if you want navi i would think (prob more). This isnt including the hookups here.

Here is a link that is stickied in the top of this forum on what is needed to retain all of the factory goodies http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/28384-integrating-aftermarket-with-factory/

You will be buying multiple things to retain all those goodies. I have purchased my things from either metra or scoushe. You can go on either of their sites and put your model and year end to tell you everything you need.

I got mine for a little under $400 shipped. I bought the pioneer AV4300 DVD. You do have to purchase the nav seperate, but does have the input for it so you can get the NAV you want. as well as the steering wheel controls.

basically, I got the GMOS-04 harness, that covers Onstar, bose and door chimes,XM. Steering wheel controls are seperate with any headunit. (which you need) for $80 from amazon instead of best buys for $180. The steering wheel controls were only $25. I got it all from Amazon. The unit i have also has the option for Ipod, Sim card for a camera and a backup camera input if you wanted to add one.

All in all, I have had the unit since december and am in Love with it. It fits perfect and looks factory.

cd.jpg

image.jpg

did you have to do any modifications of any sort to make it fit and it is the 7" one 2-din correct?

I have the lower grade that he has and they have the same dimension s no mods really

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I had to remove the very back center of the fiberglass frame behind the stock radio so the pioneer would fit all the way in. That was no big deal, a pair of wire cutters and it was out. FYI.... I did put the stock radio back in to make sure it would fit if I had to and that piece has no meaning but left overs that GM didnt want to trim.

EDIT... It is the 7" Double din

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)