My 03 with 43,000 miles started running rough and I pulled a P0300 code. I have researched the forum, and found multiple possible causes.I cleaned the MAF with electrical spray (it looked nearly new before I cleaned it). What is a normal reading of the MAF at idle? Any ideas what I should look at first?

Theres a specific cleaner for the MAF, not sure if electrical contact cleaner will harm it or not. Have you checked your plugs and wires? Most common cause of a random misfire code being tripped.

Theres a specific cleaner for the MAF, not sure if electrical contact cleaner will harm it or not.

Electrical Contact Cleaner will not harm your MAF.....

Have you had a flashing CEL at all? Any drop in fuel economy? Strange rattling noises? Wierd smells from the tailpipe? Alot of times, this code is caused by a failing catalytic converter, and will set before any of the cat trouble codes set......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Replaced the spark plugs with AC Delco iridium plugs and now the truck runs excellent. The plugs were original NGK/ACDelco plugs. I assumed that the plugs would last longer than 43000 miles. Cats turned out not to be the problem. The smell was from unspent fuel going into the exhaust. Thank you to everyone for your help.

I am getting the same code however mine does not run rough and if I remember the fault deals with the right bank running rich? Can someone please verify this or tell me where to start diagnosing?.btw my mass airflow might have 5k miles on it and I am supercharged.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2