help needed. drive train went out.

ok so I noticed on friday the truck started making a light and weird growl noice all the time. sounded like it was up front either transfer case or front diff. Tonight the truck went dead. Growl noise got loud and now the truck will not move at all. fluid in the tranny looks good. any advice as to what possibly could have gone south? and possible who might be a good shop near L.A.X I could tow the truck to get repaired.

tnx, Cesar

Man, Thats a tough break.

Sorry I can't help with a shop recommendation. I am on the other coast.

Lots of us have heard "the growl" and dealt with the front diff, but you must have some major breakage to the transfer case or diff to stop the truck.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

thanks guys. Not sure what it is. the truck just coasted to a stop. I turn on the truck and all I hear is this loud grouwl coming from the front section of the truck. I have not pinned point it to anything, thats my major proplem also, not sure what exactly it is. That way I know were to take it. this sucks major balls.

ok craweld under the truck while it was idling. seems to be coming from the tail shaft section of the tranny were it bolts up to the transfer case. so at least its not the front diff. now to try and pin point which one it is. seems to me it would be the transfer case. either way it could not have come at a worst time... any input guys would be help full.

Try this, pry off the shifter cable from the lever. Manually put the trans in forward range then try to spin the driveshaft by hand. You will need to have the truck in the air front and rear of course

Try this, pry off the shifter cable from the lever. Manually put the trans in forward range then try to spin the driveshaft by hand. You will need to have the truck in the air front and rear of course

right now with the truck in gear on the ground I can push the truck fwd and back. like if it was not even in gear, more like neutral. tnx for all the input 2BFAST.