Nervous about tint.

if you do 5% on the back and sides you wont be able to see out of them at all at night which makes backing up almost impossible unless you hang out the window.

Doing the front windshiled is highly illegal and i myself would avoid it. I lest all my windows factory tinted and went with 20% on the driver and passenger windows. It matches perfectly.

I have 5% all the way around. Nothing on windshield. I can assure you, there is NO visibility at night. I also have smoked tails, so backup lights dont help either. I have to roll my windows down to see anything at night. It was on my truck when I bought it. Like was stated above, 20% will match the factory tint and that is what I would put on it. I did that on all of my previous trucks and was very happy with it.

Front doors = 5%, rear doors=20% over factory 20%(4%), rear window=factory 20%(non added), and windshield nothing but the stock blue tinting at the top. Those are my stats and even with hids you can't see anything out the side windows at night, except vague silhouettes of trees and whatnot. On a regular cab, however, I'd put 35% over the stock 20 on the rear window. Although, alaska has a legal limit of 70%, that's nothing, stock, non-tinted is 91%, I think. http://tintlaws.com/

Edited by No SS (see edit history)

I run 5% over factory 20% on back Windows and 5% on the two front windows. 40% on my whole windshield. I have been wanting to go darker especially on the windshield. I can see at night just fine. Our roads are well lit but backing up and parking I do have to roll down my windows. I have been hassled twice in 6 years. Once for the windshield and once for the front two. Looks great from outside during the day not being able to see in and I am able to take my sunglasses of once in the truck. Can just about stare at the sun LOL. In the back you definitely can look right at the sun. Not that anyone would want to.

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

I got a new triple limo and it's def dark. At nite you gotta roll the windows down. And I have gotten my share of tickets so if I had it to do over I would go lighter.

I've got all my cars with 50% tinted windshields, the SS has 5% over stock in the back. I got a ticket for 35% doors in Pasadena and have been wanting to get 5% on the front doors just haven't had time to go. But beware 5% on the doors is a job to look out of at night. I can see clearly out my windshield btw, 35% is more toned and noticeable during the day by the man.

i have 20% on the front windows and i cannot see out of my drivers side window what so ever at night when my pillar gauges light up. also cannot see the curb if i try to parallel park at night cause the nav screen light. so pretty much at night i have to open my windows alot

I have 5% over factory on a 3 backs, and 5% on the sides and 35% on the windshield. I love it, but wish I would have gone darker on the windshield. Have got pulled over a couple time and threatened with being towed, but nothing has ever come of it.

oh and every light on my truck is blacked out. Well other then the 3rd brake light; that is getting shaved right know. I think of it as an honor if my truck gets impounded for being to awsome for the streets.

here is some picture. Just have to open up the window if your backing up. Also put some bright white LED interior lights in the interior and if you get pulled over turn them on, because it makes your tint look alot lighter. I am actaully wiring a hidden lock out switch for my windows, Because cops know pull you over here even if your windows are down, just to see if you have tint. So know I will just be like my windows don't work. Hahaha it is fun to battle it out, because tint laws are so stupid. I always ask the cop why tint is illegal, and I have never gotten the same answer.

post-22239-0-10199800-1338277993_thumb.jpg

post-22239-0-04244500-1338278158_thumb.jpg