Performance suggestions??

ss2haul

Alright guys, as you know I have had my SS for a very long time with absolutely no mods. The more I try to sell it, the more I just want to keep it. I know this has probably been covered many times before, but I am looking for suggestions for the best bang for the buck mods. Mods that will truly make my truck quicker, without compromising the reliability and driveability that I have become accustomed to. No track time, just true street performance. All suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

CAI (gmpp or volant imo), muffler or new cat back. Then tune. Add ARH LT's if money isnt a problem. I wouldnt touch the tranny as your tune can shift firmness and preserve it and wont need the servos etc. People dont give these 4L65E's much credit, but they are the pick of the bunch.

I would not touch the thermostat personally. The GM techs know what their doing. Unless your spraying or f/i then you should consider a 180 thermo. But I wouldnt add juice if your not looking for track times, thatd be a waste of money.

Definitely sounds like the consensus is a custom tune. I know this can be VERY subjective, but does one tune have a clear advantage over the others? Or is one company better to deal with? Thanks for all the suggestions. I can feel myself getting excited about the SS again, mods have a way of doing that. :)

Many tuners out there but you know what we all are going to say, black bear, zippy, wheatley... Other than tune I think headers are next best thing and really open the truck up. Still waiting to do mine. :'(

Buddy of mine has Wheatley tune and it made a huge difference in the truck, so when I get my tune next month I'm going Wheatley also, cause I don't want to go home lol!!!!

He's great I hear. I went with black bear and had a good experience also. Very fast. Your only going to get so much out of a tune with only minor/no bolt ons. Anyone you pick would be a good choice.

What's your budget? If I could start over I'd get a supercharger 1st. Tune it, let it breath: headers and exhaust, plugs and wires to support forced induction and headers. Brakes and trans upgrades to support the added power.

Brands and tuners gonna be up to you. clearing throat: Zippy, Black Bear or a local reputable tuner that can tune on dyno or street, as you mod, re-tuning is necessary, nothing better than a local guy that can help you immediately instead of waiting.

You know Silvy, I am considering the blower, but that is really jumping in the deep end of the pool for someone who has waited this long. haha. I have modded quite a few cars, just not the SS. I know generally you give up something, to gain something. I guess I am trying gain a noticeable power boost, but not go overboard, and then regret it(which I've done before) I am not rich, but the budget is not the issue. I really like my stock SS, but faster is always better I know. I guess I am just greedy, huh?