2003 Silverado fan problem

dwalk

So my buddy has a 2003 Silverado and he recently took it in to fix the a/c, New belts, and basic upkeep. He has it back and now the fan is really LOUD when he gets on it. I popped the hood and had him give it gas up to 2500-3000 rpm and all I feel is hot air blowing back into my face. Is it possible the shop took it off and put it on backwards??

Edited by SikSSS (see edit history)

The air shouldnt blow in your face, There should be a fan shroud there. if there is no fan shroud the air doesnt get directed thru the radiator as well. It basically causes the air to go all over the place.

Yeah I agree. At the same time I had the same problem. I went to ebay and bought 2005 Silverado electric fans for $150 and the wiring kit from PCM4less. Made a huge difference in power and cooling. Also had Wheatley program the ECU for the temp ranges I wanted.

Is the fan just slightly hitting anything? I would move the fan slowly and check clearance of it for the shroud. Otherwise, he might need a new clutch assembly for the fan. Ive never heard one be that loud before.

The shop he took it to should have picked up on that, if it was quiet before and now is noisey somethings wrong.pull the belt and check the water pump, alternator etc for play/wear.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2