K&N 57 series or 77 series

According to K&N, the plastic tube makes more hp than the aluminum tube. The plastic does not hold the heat like the aluminum. I know above the opposite was stated. If you dont know who to believe, ask K&N to confirm. There is like a 2 hp difference, or something like that. If you like the look of the aluminum tube, go for it. I went with the plastic. Good luck with your purchase. You will be very happy with either, I am sure.

I agree with a little of what each of you say as far as performance. The plastic does squeeze out a little more performance as it HOLDS heat and doesn't transmit it to the air inside the intake tube. Whereas the aluminum TRANSMITS(dissipates) heat, and as so, transmits some heat to the air inside the tube making it a tad hotter.

Edited by No SS (see edit history)

Has anyone ever painted their plastic intake tube? I want to paint mine the same color as the truck, just wondering if anyone has done it or how much it would cost for someone to do it.