my s/c ss vs s/c charger srt8

RaMoN_88_SS

Coming home from work today (no traffic) I drove by a srt8 charger...we were side by side when I heard him get into it ....I was on it but he didn't seem to pull away...so at the next stop light I rolled down my window and asked him what was done to it....he claimed it had a Maggie and some exh work..so we lined up..I braked launched as soon as it turned green...off the line I pulled about 2 trucks and at about 1/4 mile I was about 1 1/2 ahead...at the next stop light he gave me props and said my truck was f***in fast...now I'm really doubtful on what my truck can do...i really wanna take it to the track....

Coming home from work today (no traffic) I drove by a srt8 charger...we were side by side when I heard him get into it ....I was on it but he didn't seem to pull away...so at the next stop light I rolled down my window and asked him what was done to it....he claimed it had a Maggie and some exh work..so we lined up..I braked launched as soon as it turned green...off the line I pulled about 2 trucks and at about 1/4 mile I was about 1 1/2 ahead...at the next stop light he gave me props and said my truck was f***in fast...now I'm really doubtful on what my truck can do...i really wanna take it to the track....

Nice kill!! You definitely need to go and get some times.

For sure...im thinking if hitting up speedworld or firebird soon but I dont wanna go by myself

My cousin who has a 05 GTO and I go sometimes to speedworld but I've never ran my truck. Next time we hit up the track ill PM you

For sure...im thinking if hitting up speedworld or firebird soon but I dont wanna go by myself

Take it to the track and Have a Blast. Definetly go to Speedworld. Stay away from Firebird it is always packed, you can spend all night there and maybe get in 2 runs. You might want to wait till fall since it is so hot already your track times are going to suck.

I looked up those srts and stock they are a 13.7 so that makes me think ill aleast run a 13. 1/4 but I have no idea what ill run....the guy I bought it from claimed it over 500whp but who knows..it has a Maggie 1900 w/ 3.3 pulley..it has upgraded fuel rails, injectors, programmer (not sure what kind) and a trans shift kit (not sure either)...I really wish I knew what it had....any ideas on what it should run

Siksss....for sure I'm always down...I'm like 20 min away from speedworld...

I'm like 45 mins from it but sounds good and I wouldn't doubt you will run right around a 13.2 maybe even 13.0 you should take your truck to Zippy. He is local here in az and he knows our trucks inside and out. He can tune your tuck to perfection.

I ran a 14.3 at the track yesterday...there is no way this charger was supercharged unless the driver had horrible traction issues...next time I see him I'm going to try to get him to pull over into a gas station and check it out if he is cool with it...he seemed cool when we raced and i see him at least once a week...

Well my reaction time was .780 avrage with my best of .620 so im sure that wasnt helping...(first time at the track) and my wheels are really heavy...Im also using stock exh manifolds...and it needs a tune up..I really want to put money in to it but first is the body work..im deffinately going to get a new tune..Im going again next week..im going to do a full tune up and im putting on my dad's original z71 silverado wheels..and I downloaded an app for tree timing so maybe it will help a little we will see...