Best Supercharger for a stock SS.

What would be the best supercharger on a SS with just a tune and no other mods? Main considerations are reliability and NO ISSUES. Willing to give up a little power for less headaches.

You could use any Supercharger, it all depends on what you like. I myself only buy procharger just due to they have the largest gains. basically you will still spend 6 grand on fuel system etc for any blower setup.

You could use any Supercharger, it all depends on what you like. I myself only buy procharger just due to they have the largest gains. basically you will still spend 6 grand on fuel system etc for any blower setup.

but not as much gain as a turbo!!! :jester:

Mp112 best bang for the buck. Bolt it on, pin the crank and forget it. you would probably just need to add an inline pump. Plus you can pick up a kit pretty easily for about $3000.

:thumbsup::withstupid: . depending on the size pulley you run and how heavy of a right foot you have will weigh on your trans life

Well you guys have "been there, done that" so I really appreciate the info. I've been happy with a stock truck for this long, maybe just a tune will keep me happy for a while. :)

Magnuson Radix MP112 with their provided pully and their provided tune you can do at home sounds like what you're looking for. So since most swap out to a smaller pully and have a custom tuner tune either on street or dyno than you will need a complete Magnuson kit. So make sure if you buy a used kit it includes the above. Or call Brian at SuperCharger Connection. Last time I spoke with him he had a few new MP112 kits laying around. The MP112 have been discontinued and replaced by the TVS 1900/2300. Here is his info:

http://www.superchar...m-Satin-finish/

Keep in mind too it's also recommended to switch to a colder heat range spark plug whenever you F/I

NGK TR6ix part #3689 is what I use, many others too :)

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Also keep in mind you being an 03 you have a return style fuel setup. So if and when you buy a Maggie kit specify this, if not, you may end up buying a 04 and up kit with a returnless style fuel manifold which won't work on your 03. You will then have to chase parts and spend extra. Also make sure you get the external in-line fuel pump for your 03. 04 and up call for an internal Walbro 255 fuel pump upgrade. Each SC co. has a different way of doing things so this advice pertains to the MP112. Still do make sure when ordering or buying whatever kit you choose is for an 03 return style fuel system. Glad to help.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Best bang for the buck is finding an MP112 Magnacharger. Bolt that on with a 3.3" pulley and you should have trouble free power for the most part. If you plan to do a few more mods down the road I would recomend a Magnacharger TVS2300 with a 3.4" pulley. It will require switching to a 90mm throttle body though. The MP112 is great for a stock 6.0L, but you really need to consider if you are going to consider mods in the future. If the blower alone is enough, go MP112. If more is going to be desired go with the TVS2300.