Starting a build on my ss need some advice!

Akslowroller

So I just bought my 05 ss with 47k on it. I've wanted one forever. Now that I have it I want it to dominate the rest of them in my little town. I am looking to do a super charger and tranny upgrade but not sure what other upgrades I should do. Like what would work well with the supercharger to make the most power and such. The sc I think I'm going with is a kenne bell. It sounds like a really solid unit. I just picked up a 4l80 today and am going to go through it to make sure it's all good. But any help or suggestions would be great! Oh I guess I should specify what kind of hp I'm looking for. Some where around 500 or a little more. I just want to run 12's.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing to do when adding more air is to release it as fast as its coming in. Headers, cam and a stall convertor would put you right where you want to be. Dont forget to add a larger trans cooler.

Yeah I was planning on doing some long tube headers to strait pipe fails. I don't have to deal with emission laws here. And yeah people have all told me a cam really helps with these motors. I was wondering though, who would be able to help with a tune after all upgrades because I don't think the programming stuff that come with the sc will be appropriate for all the other mods that will be done. I might be wrong. And I would have never thought abouthe larger tranny cooler thanks!

Yeah I was planning on doing some long tube headers to strait pipe fails. I don't have to deal with emission laws here. And yeah people have all told me a cam really helps with these motors. I was wondering though, who would be able to help with a tune after all upgrades because I don't think the programming stuff that come with the sc will be appropriate for all the other mods that will be done. I might be wrong. And I would have never thought abouthe larger tranny cooler thanks!

You are going to want a custom tune, and there are some great tuners on this site. Try Zippy, Wheatley, or Blackbear. Any one of them will hook you up with an amazing custome tune.

Haha welcome to the brotherhood AKslow :cool:

Im from fairbanks as well. Looks like i got some competition. Haha. Ive seen you around a few times. Quite a few SS's have sprung up lately... Good luck with the build.

Ya and their mid 70 degree weather must be killing them lol. Haha I'm forced to ride my bike everyday in this 100-112 degree weather until my build is done.

You and me both man lol except we have the lovely humidity here!

Although I don't miss paying $70-80 to fill up the truck

Ya and their mid 70 degree weather must be killing them lol. Haha I'm forced to ride my bike everyday in this 100-112 degree weather until my build is done.

Yeah that's for sure lol my a/c works like a charm :D

You and me both man lol except we have the lovely humidity here!

Although I don't miss paying $70-80 to fill up the truck

Ain't that the truth! I can ride my bike for a month for what it cost my in gas each week in my truck,