Plasti-Dip

Ok I didn't know where to post, so I though I'd post it in the most popular area. I sold my black 24s and now have chrome 22s. IMMEDIATELY REGRET THIS DECISION. However I love the design of my rims and want to plasti dip them black. Could I do this? Can I make it gloss? Should I leave it flat? It's chrome btw

Plasti-dip strikes again!

Yeah, many people have coated their rims with it.Honestly, one set a week pop up on here.I have never seen gloss black. You can get the "Glossifier" plasti-dip to put over the top of the flat. I would get them powder coated, or painted. Plasti-dip is a PITA. Can't use certain cleaners, don't scrub to hard,don't let any brake cleaner get on them, if you don't spray it really thick it's a PITA to get off, not to mention powder coating, or painted looks 1000s better. These are just my opinions though, what matters is if you will like them.

Do you think it would be possible to put on a thick coat of plasti dip and then paint an actual gloss paint color over top and still have it peel off?

By an actual gloss paint, I'm assuming you mean spray a layer of automotive clear over the top of the plasti-dip. If so, why? If you are going through the trouble of spraying clear,why not just spray a base coat of black first.

Do you think it would be possible to put on a thick coat of plasti dip and then paint an actual gloss paint color over top and still have it peel off?

You can, but it does not peal of easy. Plasti-dip itself is comes of very easy, but if you spray a regualr paint on top of it, it makes it hard and it wont peel off. I attempted this and I had to use a paint stripper to remove it.

To each his own, if you dont like plasti-dip you dont have to say it every time someone post about it. Lots of people like it, and if they do thats there choice.

Thank you very much sir couldn't agree anymore

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Plasti-dip strikes again!

Yeah, many people have coated their rims with it.Honestly, one set a week pop up on here.I have never seen gloss black. You can get the "Glossifier" plasti-dip to put over the top of the flat. I would get them powder coated, or painted. Plasti-dip is a PITA. Can't use certain cleaners, don't scrub to hard,don't let any brake cleaner get on them, if you don't spray it really thick it's a PITA to get off, not to mention powder coating, or painted looks 1000s better. These are just my opinions though, what matters is if you will like them.

x2 I've dipped my wheels twice and never will again. It's good if you wanna protect your wheels from the elements or something but it will never ever look nearly as good as powdercoat or actual paint