Which Torque Converter???

I am currently building a Supercharged 364 with forged rotating for my 2003 SSS. Looking to get the trans inspected/rebuilt/beefed up while i have the engine out. Not quite sure what goes into this process, as i have never been inside one. I have a TB torque converter right now, a shift kit, and the servos have been changed (all done by previous owner) Wanting a new converter to shave a couple tenths off the 1/4 mile and build it to handle 650HP comfortably. Any suggestions?

Its a triple disc converter for a 4L80e. I went with a 2800 stall and ordered it directly from Precision. Cost me about $1100. I don't tow at all in my truck but I could if I need to. Just call them and let them know what your plans are and they will build it to what you need. I actually should have my converter in tomorrow.

I was looking for 2800 myself. So there isnt a part number i could just buy? They are built to order? Sounds like you got what i need, except a 4l65e version.

Do you tow alot, and what if you do?

Sent from my 4G Razor

Ive never towed anything, but of course that feature is always worth keeping in a truck. Just in case i take it camping, fishing, etc.

Main concern is a tough converter that can handle some torque, and will lower 1/4 mi times.

You'll want to match your converter with the cam you are planning on running. I wouldn't do anything more than a 3000 stall for daily driving. I would make sure you go with the multi disc rather than single disc. You should still be able to tow a little with it and it will handle the weight of the truck, just make sure you have a good external trans cooler. Heat is the number 1 cause of transmission failure.

When you call them you'll need to know a bit if information...

Weight of vehicle...

Rear end Gear Ratio...

HP and TQ estimates...

Cam Specs...

Shift RPM at WOT...

Desired Stall speed or they can recommend...

It will take them a few days to build it and another few days to get it in the mail. It took about a week and a half to get to me.