Turbo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

texas has the fastest trucks!!! or i think Flaco is still in the lead??

Nah, garret is like .2 seconds away from a 7 second pass. Flaco hasn't ran hayhauler in like 2 years he has black truck that was busting ass at tx2k12

i meant like a real truck, not a mini lol but thats a cool list, haven't heard about a black truck, last i heard he was trying to break the 8's???? i talked to him awhile back in pasadena while i was working a gunshow there about building a 408 for me, but it was all talk lol

dude Tellez Motorsports will do a full install with a 76mm $4300...

They are in Teaxs so add the trip fee to you tab there, not to mention the hotel time to wait for the install... Still don't think you can beat the KB or Trick kits for the money, Remember none of the kits come with injectors, gauges, fuel pump, tune, custom exhaust (or cost to connect to your exisisting), heat wrap, spark plugs, spark plug boot sheilds and all the other small piddly items you will need!

I want to go with front mount and my SS is awd drive.. So what you think? The 60mm?

Do not go with anything under a 70mm on your 6.0l, i'd go 76mm for sure, that will give you room to grow also... It almost has to be a T4 or bigger on the exhaust side, T3 housing will have back pressure issues and no top end! I pieced together my old rear mount setup and had just as much money as a KB or Trick kit once i was done, not worth it really?

don't get me wrong a 70 or 72mm would work good also, 76mm is just the sweet spot!

I think the best way to do it is start with the fuel pump, gauges and injectors.... it will save you time in the long run and then when you get the kit on your ready to tune right off the bat!

Edited by turbo370clone (see edit history)

alright John I think.. I will do what you are recommending.. I mean you work for GM.. lol I'll start with the fuel pump, gauges and injectors.. When you say gauges you mean the ones that go inside of the truck?

alright John I think.. I will do what you are recommending.. I mean you work for GM.. lol I'll start with the fuel pump, gauges and injectors.. When you say gauges you mean the ones that go inside of the truck?

Yeah i like to run wideband O2, electronic fuel pressure and a manual boost gauge, best three things to keep an eye on. Autometer or AEM or the brands i reccomend

I recommend the front mount kits from kb racing. I have had three differ setups and numerous different turbos on my truck. You should take into account what stall you are going to run with your setup also. I have a t76 with a .81 exhaust housing with 8.8 compression and I am at over 10 psi at 3600 with my 3k stall. Something to think about.

I recommend the front mount kits from kb racing. I have had three differ setups and numerous different turbos on my truck. You should take into account what stall you are going to run with your setup also. I have a t76 with a .81 exhaust housing with 8.8 compression and I am at over 10 psi at 3600 with my 3k stall. Something to think about.

I ran a 3600 last season but it was just to big for my setup, i tightened it up to a 3200 for my new setup.

Hey John, Victor was saying to run just the stage one with no intercooler, so i dont get all crazy with the install and ill have some boost. What do you think?

Hey John, Victor was saying to run just the stage one with no intercooler, so i dont get all crazy with the install and ill have some boost. What do you think?

No. do not do that. Spend the extra money and get an intercooler set up. more power and it will be safer. you could get a water/meth kit instead but for the money i would start with a cooler......... or do both. That would be best ;)

No. do not do that. Spend the extra money and get an intercooler set up. more power and it will be safer. you could get a water/meth kit instead but for the money i would start with a cooler......... or do both. That would be best ;)

X2

You can dang near build your own a2a i/c for cheaper than buying a meth system. If you have the capabilities or a friend that has a chop saw you can kinda map out your piping setup and buy a eBay pipin kit and cut it up as you need too. Just make sure you get a kit with the good clamps. I didn't put any ridges on my piping just the clamps and I have been running a constant 15psi with out a blow off.

you see 10psi at 3600rpm??