How low can I go?

MobbinSS

Ok so I have a single cab silverado 1999 with the newer body style with the 2wd and 4wd function. I have new 22s on, but I want to get LOW. However I don't want it to f uck up the 4wd or anything. I want like a 3/4 , 3/5, an hopefully 4/6.

3/4

IMG_3665.jpg

3/5

shawnsride.jpg

4/6 :) :) :)

33826230010_large.jpg

in the same boat, you need LCA's and drop spindles for a total of 5inch's up front, i don't know which one you have but you need both to go lower. I've also heard some guys are doing LCA's,spindles and drop keys. drop keys and the LCA's do the same thing but some people lower them more with the keys but it loosens your torsion bars a good bit, I've even read a thread where a guy lost one of his keys while driving because they were loose

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

Nice, go 4/6, get some spindles and drop torsion keys, flip kit for the back and notch it :)

if you do this, its gonna look just as low as a 2/4 drop. if you do LCA'S and drop spindles up front and flip kit hanger and shackle in the back you get a 5/8 drop, but its gonna look like a 3/6 drop.

4x4 are 2 inches higher. And yes it has torsion keys, with the newer body style 1999 suspension.

According to who/what? Before my drop every 4x4 I parked next to was the same height as my truck. A 4x might be 2 inches taller than a coil front 2wd, but not a torsion bar front SSS

According to who/what? Before my drop every 4x4 I parked next to was the same height as my truck. A 4x might be 2 inches taller than a coil front 2wd, but not a torsion bar front SSS

his isn't an SS. SSS is 1in lower in the front and 2in lower in the back from the normal height of a 2wd, a 4x4 is 2in taller then the normal height of a 2wd