Pulled on new Dodge Ram Hemi?

sdimedude

Was getting on a interstate on ramp tonight and got behind a black Dodge Ram. It had tailpipes coming straight out the back and the rear bumper was notched around them and also it didn't look like he had leaf springs. I assume this is a new Hemi? Anyhow we were both merging on to the interstate while I stomp on it to go around him. Well he stomps on it too. I slowly pull up to him and then we both let off. He then stomps on it again so I do the same a split second later and I started pulling on him. I couldn't see him, but I bet his wasn't very happy that he was getting pulled on by a 5 year old truck. I Was kind of surprised I pulled on him. Don't these new Hemi's have like 390hp?

Yeah like 390. I watched a test with all the trucks and dodge wasn't impressive at all it was chevy,Toyota,Gmc, Nissan,Dodge, Ford. That's how they came in N the 1/4 if I'm not mistaken. And ford was like a sec and a half slower than chevy.

Whoops yeah my bad 390. The tundra is 381. Even still, the new rams aren't that impressive. I thought they'd be in the 14s stock being 390hp with more gears than us. High/mid 15s all day (15.7 actually was the quickest I seen) stock at Castrol raceway. Seen a single cab go 14.7 but he wasn't stock.

Nope not that quick. But dodges aren't. They loose alot of power in the drive train. For the hp you would think they were faster. If I'm not mistaken the srt 4 door is only a 1/ 2 to 3/4 of a sec faster than a stock 2wd ss. I believe I read that somewhere.

Those are the numbers I found on wikipedia for the 4 door unless I read something wrong. It also said the srt 10 runs like a 14.3 at 103 or so. There not that fast. They must need some real tunning. If you got 500 hp and that's all you can do. I ran 3 different rumble bees and I'm not impressed at all. Same hp and there lighter but couldn't hang with me.

Those are the numbers I found on wikipedia for the 4 door unless I read something wrong. It also said the srt 10 runs like a 14.3 at 103 or so. There not that fast. They must need some real tunning. If you got 500 hp and that's all you can do. I ran 3 different rumble bees and I'm not impressed at all. Same hp and there lighter but couldn't hang with me.

Hmm seems light for a 4 door.