Big problem. Scared. Help

Kido SS

Heres what I found.

APP 1 and APP 2,Throttle position correllation. Whenever you get a reduced power,It will always be related to the throttle actuator, or APP (accelerated pedal position).There is a disagreement between both position sensor, or the TPS itself.

You will have to take it to either a dealer or a good quality mechanic with diagnostic tools.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Did you wash your engine compartment? Alot of times moisture in the TB connection will throw the REP mode. Regardless it doesn't "hurt" the truck, the PCM is doing its job by keeping it in REP mode. A large amount of REP issues are related directly to the TB.

Scan the codes...

Did you wash your engine compartment? Alot of times moisture in the TB connection will throw the REP mode. Regardless it doesn't "hurt" the truck, the PCM is doing its job by keeping it in REP mode. A large amount of REP issues are related directly to the TB.

Scan the codes...

It's being triggered by a code to protect your motor. What's causing that trigger is a sensor actual sensing a real problem or malfunctioning itself. 1st thing to do is scan for codes and pull actual P0xxx number. Then report back. Or just Google the DIC and see what comes up or start a thread here with the code.

this happened to me a few times. i just went under the hood and made sure all the major harnesses were in right and it went away. mainly it was from the throttle body harness. it never looked or felt loose but i unplugged it and made sure no water was there and plugged it back in and the REP mode was gone.

check the yellow wire(s) at the throttle body electrical connector, very prone to breakage, check it right at the connector and 3-4 inches down from the connector, you may have to tug on it lightly to find the break if it is broken in the insulation. Note: this is only one of many things that will cause this but its the most common thing i've seen with an intermittent reduced engine power issue... gm does have a TSB for it also

Edited by turbo370clone (see edit history)