Woodward 2012

So now that the dream cruise is about a month away I'm wondering if any members are gonna go. I'd really like to see more SS trucks down there and maybe meet some of the members from the site as well. If anyone is serious about goin let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Woodward dream cruise is the night of Friday August 17th and all day Saturday August 18th. Woodward ave. Runs from downtown Pontiac, MI to downtown Detroit, MI. Cruise is biggest from Pontiac to Royal Oak which is about an 8 mile stretch of wall to wall cars.

What about Thursday, the 16th, evening. I can't get there until around 6:30. We could meet up at that O'rileys. I think it was between 11 & 12 mile on the east side. It was a good place to view from before. If anyone has a better idea, post it up.

I say we try to meet more north and drive south...that would be oppsite of what most do and might get us less traffic. The other hang out is at the shell thats futher north, and everyone always says pontiac is the place to be, being they are reportedly more relaxed.

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

Pontiac is usually more relaxed and there is a good amount of parking. The shell station is usually pretty busy but the royal oak police have been enforcing no parking for cruisers from 14 mile to 12 mile as of late so I don't think it's a good spot to try and have a rally point. Anything north of 14 and south of 12 has been safe lately though. And yes Pontiac is always good time.

Looks like I'm gonna be out of town until next Monday. Got some family issues to deal with. Whole summer has been this way. I was really looking forward to meeting up. :cry2: Maybe we can all meet up some time this fall at Milan. That's always fun.

I think I am out, ferndale got me with a few tickets so I am taxed...funny how its on the oppsite side of their jurisdiction, like ferndale would be pissed if a Detroit officer tried to hid on their side and ticket :( rant off :)

be safe guys the local LEO's are out collecting...