Mud flaps

Hey I am wondering I am thinking about putting plastic molded flaps on my truck and wondering what others opinions were about them and if people had pictures with them on.

The ones I was thinking about were black plastic molded GM ones with the white Bowtie, thinking maybe painting them to match my truck?

I have the Husky plain jane black plastic ones, but I do think they have been discontinued.......I say do it, you wouldn't believe how much cleaner your truck stays once you have them.......

HPIM1018.jpg

I didnt want to put flaps on my truck when i first got it but living in iowa all sorts of weather and it keeps da whip alot cleaner i perfer to color match everything

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii616/blnawayss/2012-07-26_07-58-11_558.jpg

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii616/blnawayss/2012-07-26_07-58-27_726.jpg

I didnt want to put flaps on my truck when i first got it but living in iowa all sorts of weather and it keeps da whip alot cleaner i perfer to color match everything

http://i1262.photobu...7-58-11_558.jpg

http://i1262.photobu...7-58-27_726.jpg

DAMN! Those are sexy. Alaska is the same. Lots of rain, lots of snow.. And LOTS of rocks. Ill be doing this very soon...

Paint them yourself?

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

DAMN! Those are sexy. Alaska is the same. Lots of rain, lots of snow.. And LOTS of rocks. Ill be doing this very soon...

Paint them yourself?

no i work for a gm dealership and got a body shop in house i paid 85 bucks for the flap paint and install

no i work for a gm dealership and got a body shop in house i paid 85 bucks for the flap paint and install

Haha i work at a Ford dealership cuz theres always work and they pay better! But im a diehard chevy fan. Been driving them my whole life. Haha gotta love it.

Ill probably throw my flaps down to the body shop and do the same. They look great color matched.

Haha i work at a Ford dealership cuz theres always work and they pay better! But im a diehard chevy fan. Been driving them my whole life. Haha gotta love it.

Ill probably throw my flaps down to the body shop and do the same. They look great color matched.

YA I GET TO CHOOSE FROM BETWEEN THE 3 STORES WE OWN IN TOWN WE SELL GM,CADDY,GMC,DODGE,CHRYSLER,JEEP,NISSAN,FORD,LINCHON

BUT IM A SERVICE AVDISOR FOR CHRYSLER,DODGE,JEEP,NISSAN GOT TO LOVE THE PERKS DEALER PRICEING ON EVERYTHING LOL

I have the OEM GM Chevrolet Bow Tie - Plastic contoured mud flaps ...

Don't know what they cost, but shamed the dealership into giving them to me when I bought the truck ... :thumbs:

Surprisingly they don't look bad either ... :thumbs:

My truck doesn't see winter, but it does see dirt and mud ...

100_0441.jpg

100_0245.jpg

SSS10.jpg

I have the OEM GM Chevrolet Bow Tie - Plastic contoured mud flaps ...

Don't know what they cost, but shamed the dealership into giving them to me when I bought the truck ... :thumbs:

Surprisingly they don't look bad either ... :thumbs:

My truck doesn't see winter, but it does see dirt and mud ...

100_0441.jpg

100_0245.jpg

SSS10.jpg

Dang it looks nice good looking truck there boss, I got a black truck as well that really set the picture in my head. So these ones contour to the bumper! Mhmmm... Might have to do some digging in the parts computer!

Edited by ssfast (see edit history)

Dang it looks nice good looking truck there boss, I got a black truck as well that really set the picture in my head. So these ones contour to the bumper! Mhmmm... Might have to do some digging in the parts computer!

No, they contour to the wheel well ... they are Factory GM flaps ... btw ... My truck is at factory height and stock size wheels ... They do look good though.

Here's a couple more pics

SSS2.jpg

SSS7.jpg