Weird thumping/popping feeling after stopped???

SilverBulletSS

Hey guys, wanted to see if anyone could help me out. On my way to dinner Tuesday I noticed a weird thumping/popping feeling in the pedal after coming to a stop, then again at take off. Not consistent, doesn't happen at every stop but it seems to be getting worse. There is no accompanying sound, just the feel. I'll come to a stop, the truck will obviously rock forward then back, after it settles there's the feeling. I got under the thing and visually see nothing wrong. Anyone have an idea as to what it may be??

Yeah I guess it wouldn't hurt. The brakes need to be done regardless, the rotors are warped. Not bad but those seem to be getting worse. Funny part is I still have a good chunk of pad life. I'm hoping its just a brake issue. I was thinking u-joints or damaged front suspension components.

U joints wont create a sticking feeling that I have ever noticed. When was the last tome you bled your brakes? It could also be that the pedal itself has to be lubricated. There is a small brake sensor on the pedal that can feel like this and or make a squeeking noise when pressed. I lubed mine up and it took away both of the problems.

I haven't lubed the brake pedal ever. Weird thing though I feel it in both pedals. In the brake after stopped and in the gas pedal at initial take off. Can very faintly feel it in the floor under my left foot also. Would this all be from the brakes?

Mine did a funny popping when coming to a stop when I first got mine. Mine ended up being a bad speed sensor making my ABS act up. The ABS light did not light up, but that was what was wrong. I did not feel anything in my gas pedal though. Just when coming to a complete stop.

Hey guys, wanted to see if anyone could help me out. On my way to dinner Tuesday I noticed a weird thumping/popping feeling in the pedal after coming to a stop, then again at take off. Not consistent, doesn't happen at every stop but it seems to be getting worse. There is no accompanying sound, just the feel. I'll come to a stop, the truck will obviously rock forward then back, after it settles there's the feeling. I got under the thing and visually see nothing wrong. Anyone have an idea as to what it may be??

It is hard to tell without going to a dealership for a proper diagnosis. Please let us know if going to a dealership is an available option for you.

Brandon (Assisting Tricia)

Chevrolet Customer Service

Hey guys sorry forgot to update. Took the truck in to get checked out. Wouldn't replicate the noise on a test drive with a tech. They decided to check the brakes. Now I knew the rotors were warped I could feel it when comming to a fast stop from 120mph....

The verdict....

Front rotors completely warped.

Pads - 5mm of pad left.

Drums might have been salvageable by cutting.

Shoes - 1mm of life left.

The service advisor looked me right in the eyes and calmly asked "How did you eat up those rear brakes that bad?"

My reply " Massive Smokey burnouts!"

I replaced everything. Rotors, pads, hardware up front. Drums, shoes and hardware out back. Cleaned and greased everything and bled the system. Truck stops on a dime no thumping or popping in the pedals.

I gotta say though, that horseshoe shaped retainer spring on the drums is a pita to get back into place.

It is hard to tell without going to a dealership for a proper diagnosis. Please let us know if going to a dealership is an available option for you.

Brandon (Assisting Tricia)

Chevrolet Customer Service

The dealer I bought the truck from is the same dealer we've been going to for almost 17 years. We've bought 15 cars from them, a family friend almost like an uncle is their top salesman. I'm a free man there. Know the owner first hand I walk around the place as if I own it. Everybody there takes the best care of us. Jennings Chevrolet in Glenview IL. Hands down the best dealership I've ever worked with... Plus the truck has a 7/100k warranty.

Edited by SilverBulletSS (see edit history)