New Member Problems with Acceleration

jdpiii3

Hi guys I’m Joe and new to Silveradoss.com. I’ve owned my SS since 2005 I love the truck. I also have a 2002 Corvette Z06

As of late I have been having an issue with acceleration, if I try to launch the truck from a dead stop It feels like the truck is gasping for air/fuel it also sometimes feels like it might stall out at a traffic light and the RPM’s drop below 500. I’ve cleaned the mass air flow sensor & and the throttle body I also did a full Seafoam treatment. Wires and sparkplugs are 1 year old. I’m not getting any codes and the truck runs fine at speed and accelerates well when moving or passing.

Any ideas?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pull a couple of the plugs and check them, the are about a year old. The truck has 123,000 miles. I changed the knock sensors a couple months ago and replaced the manifold gaskets but not the throttle body gasket. Could the throttle body or mass air flow sensor be going bad? I have an airaid air system installed

Isn't the fuel filter installed on the fuel pump in the tank?

Rich bastard

:idiot: That is no way to welcome a newbie. :nono:

Have you checked the accessory drive for something dragging the motor down? A bad bearing in a water pump, alternator, or tensioner can drag the motor down and cause those symptoms. Is your AC on when this happens?

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Have you checked the accessory drive for something dragging the motor down? A bad bearing in a water pump, alternator, or tensioner can drag the motor down and cause those symptoms. Is your AC on when this happens?

I never thought to check any of that, I will and yes with the A/C on or off. Maybe time for a new serpentine belt?

Edited by jdpiii3 (see edit history)

:lol: