Looking to switch to royal purple oil.

I run Mobil 1 motor oil. I am a big Amsoil believer as well, but it is not as easy to find in my area. I have to order it. The Mobil 1 serves me well. I do run Amsoil in my front differential, BTW. Mobil 1 in my rear. I think all 3 are great oils. (Amsoil, Mobil 1, and RP)

Keep in mind it's recommended that when you switch over, that on your 1st RP oil change, to not wait the recommended 12K it's good for. The detergents and solvents in the oil clean everything out once you switch over and to change it at a normal 3K interval just on 1st change. Then bump up to 12K or annual changes, whichever occurs 1st. I though it was b.s. when I was told that and when I read it but after about 2K my RP was filthy. I'm on my 3rd change and 9 months later, 3K miles later (about what I drive a year) and it's still clean.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Keep in mind it's recommended that when you switch over, that on your 1st RP oil change, to not wait the recommended 12K it's good for. The detergents and solvents in the oil clean everything out once you switch over and to change it at a normal 3K interval just on 1st change. Then bump up to 12K or annual changes, whichever occurs 1st. I though it was b.s. when I was told that and when I read it but after about 2K my RP was filthy. I'm on my 3rd change and 9 months later, 3K miles later (about what I drive a year) and it's still clean.

Ok so do first oil change about 3k then after if it looks clean keep until 12k or 1yr??? That's allot of miles I'll stick to every 3-6k at the most lol

i used to run RP but switched to Mobil 1. no difference in performance what so ever just RP was to much for the same thing imo. i change mine every 6 months which usually comes out to be 1.5-2k miles lol . if you beat on your truck i would not wait more than 5k in between changes