Does Anone Else Have a Reef Tank? Here is Mine.

jdpiii3

Gorgeous, I don't have a reef tank but I have a 55g corner tank, freshwater. Just a bunch of Gourami, bala's and a few pleco's. Live plants. Gourami's are a trip, either I got a brutal batch or they're naturally mean haha.

Incredible tank! We (my wife and I) love fish. We have all freshwater though. We have dabble with the idea of trying saltwater, but have not made the plunge yet. We have exotic goldfish and Koi in out outside pond. Great hobby. I know you can really tie up a lot of money and time in a setup like that, but it looks great!

Dude that tank is amazing!! I work at a local 17,000 square foot fish store that deals with both salt and freshwater. I personally have a saltwater 120 swim tank. There is A LOT of time put into this tank lol but it looks soooo nice man. That 5500 gph skimmer is crazy!!!

I do run a skimmer. I just cleaned the sump and all the equipment in the picture so it wasnt completly back together yet. I run a Coralife Super skimmer, and use the middle section of my sump for macro alage like chaeto. The tank has been setup since 2001.

Wow those are amazing! I have always wanted to have a salt water tank.

Those are waaaaaaayyyyy nicer than my son's 1gal bowl with a hotwheel car in it and a Beta kind of floating around and his "magic sea-horse" thing that is filled with some kind of algae and some glow in the dark rocks.

Wow those are amazing! I have always wanted to have a salt water tank.

Those are waaaaaaayyyyy nicer than my son's 1gal bowl with a hotwheel car in it and a Beta kind of floating around and his "magic sea-horse" thing that is filled with some kind of algae and some glow in the dark rocks.

Hey; You have to start somewhere, eh?

I have a bud down in Jupiter Fl. who collects his own fish on the reefs just off the beach.

He tried a small Octopus, he caught, for a short while. It ate everything else in the tank and kept climbing out of the tank overnight.

He wound up taking it back to the reef.

I do run a skimmer. I just cleaned the sump and all the equipment in the picture so it wasnt completly back together yet. I run a Coralife Super skimmer, and use the middle section of my sump for macro alage like chaeto. The tank has been setup since 2001.

Are you just running just macro or a whole refugium?