B&M Console Shifter

chrishoekusmc

I know there is already a how-to post on this subject but it is from 2008, so I'm looking for some current information. I'm wondering if anyone has done this mod recently? I've been wanting to do it for a while, but I just can't decide if I'm happy with the fitment in the console, length of the shifter and look of the boot. I'd really like to hear some opinions from people who have done this mod. I'd also like to know everybody else's opinion on this mod (why you like it, why you don't like it, would you do it, etc).

I know the recommended shifter is the 80680. Has anyone used a different one? I know dozer said that the shorter shifters didn't fit, but I'm considering getting a shorter one and elevating the whole assembly with some sort of homemade bracket in an effort to go as short as possible but still be fully functional and look bads$$. Opinions? Comments? Advice? Thanks in advance.

I did mine last year, on a scale of 1-10 of difficulty it was like a 6. Took me a day and I love it id get the recommended shifter it sits at the perfect height when in drive to rest your hand on it. I got a custom shifter handle made for it to replace the original

d03653b0-c9c4-808b.jpg

d03653b0-c9fe-0c70.jpg

d03653b0-ca43-af56.jpg

d03653b0-ca7f-33a1.jpg

d03653b0-cae7-3f68.jpg

You can PM me if you have any questions

asset: is the pic with it mounted to the floor without the consel in, is it in drive position in that pic? did u relocate the tow/hual or eliminate it?

Not sure what position its in really lol it was awhile ago. and you can put an external switch for tow haul or eliminate it which is what I did. no need for it for me

Asset, is there any way you could take top view and side view pics of your shifter in P, D and 1? I'd like to see the clearance in full forward, full rear and D positions. If it isn't any trouble of course. No big rush either.

lol kind of a problem since im currently locked out of my truck due to no power going to any locks and I dont have a manual lock cyclinder in the door either but when i get it open ill snap some pics in the different positions.

lol kind of a problem since im currently locked out of my truck due to no power going to any locks and I dont have a manual lock cyclinder in the door either but when i get it open ill snap some pics in the different positions.

Awesome man. I appreciate it. Like I said though, I'm not in a huge rush. It's gonna be a while before I can even think about doing this mod anyway. Good luck getting back into your truck though.