Full synthetic oil

EmoWalrus05

5w30 amsoil with a moble 1 or k&n filter.

I use royal purple in mustang and I'm pretty happy. I haven't seen a difference between royal purple andmobile 1 though....

I use what ever is on sale in my SS lol

Whatever's on sale for the SS?!?! And the mustang gets full synthetic?! gtfo! Haha

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5w30 amsoil with a moble 1 or k&n filter.

Whatever's on sale for the SS?!?! And the mustang gets full synthetic?! gtfo! Haha

Yeah my mustang is my baby and gets driven very little.....like under 3K miles a year. My SSS is my truck....I like it but I do treat it like a truck so it gets regular oil. I change it moe than I do the mustang. If I changed the oil in my mustang more than once a year, I wouldn't use synthetic in it.

I have always used Mobile 1 but was I have a buddy that can get me Amsoil real cheap. I was thinking the amsoil dominator racing oil. What is everyone running for there oil weight in there modified supercharged and camed applications. I only run my truck in the summer so temps from 50 lowest in the spring to 90 in the summer and I always let my truck warm up for a bit before driving it.

Is it true that you have to change you oil once a year even if you don't put 3k miles on it?

I don't have any real knowledge on this one but I think that I would run the engine, and get it fully warmed up, once a month or more to combat condensation and as cheap insurance I would change it at least once a year. Might not do all that if it's stored in a climate controlled environment.

Is it true that you have to change you oil once a year even if you don't put 3k miles on it?

No... Oil should be changed form condensation that will form in the engine. Even if you run the engine, once it cools condensation will form. I normally change the oil right before it goes into storage and when it is coming out of storage.

Hey Jason,

Thanks for those links. :cheers:

That's some interesting reading, for sure.

Edit to add;

Too bad Amsoil doesn't seem to have a retail dealer network. Their testing looks pretty good compared to Mobil1, (Coarse those tests were done by Amsoil as opposed to an independent tester), but shipping increases the cost of an oil change by a pretty good %.

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

No prob. I'm not an expert but I used Mobil 1 for years and about 1000miles it turned black. I changed to amsoil and at 1k still like new. I picked up 1mpg. The truck just runs great on it. I put amsoil in everything we have vett, escalade, my truck, the boat, the rhino lol. I believe it's the best out there. Idc how many miles I or my fiancé has on our vehicle I change it every 6 to 7 months regardless. It could be to much idk but I believe clean oil is better. I am a preferred customer so I get discounts and its not that bad of a price. I just buy in bulk. This is just my option and everyone has there own. I love it and that's all I will use.

mobil 1 once when it goes into storage and once when it comes out. which usually amounts to 3000~ maybe 4~. i usually get a full season of beating out of one change

edit: people forget most synthetics are rated for 7500 mile changes. my h2 i usually run between 5-6000 between each i usually wait for the oil life go to 10%. theres no point in changing your synthetic oil less then 5000 unless it sits alot like mine does. or if you really really drive the piss out of your truck and its seriously modded i can see why someone would do every 3000 for peace of mind

Edited by 8hnpSS (see edit history)

No prob. I'm not an expert but I used Mobil 1 for years and about 1000miles it turned black. I changed to amsoil and at 1k still like new. I picked up 1mpg. The truck just runs great on it. I put amsoil in everything we have vett, escalade, my truck, the boat, the rhino lol. I believe it's the best out there. Idc how many miles I or my fiancé has on our vehicle I change it every 6 to 7 months regardless. It could be to much idk but I believe clean oil is better. I am a preferred customer so I get discounts and its not that bad of a price. I just buy in bulk. This is just my option and everyone has there own. I love it and that's all I will use.

You make some good points Jason.

I am thinking that I'll give it a try.