Gauging interest: Carbon Fiber hoods and body parts

ThatTallCanadian

So I've recently found some information out about getting carbon fiber parts made for our vehicles, which is near impossible to find as is. I may look into setting up an account to get a few hoods made, to sell to some members and can offer 3 styles, OEM, and two different styles of cowl hoods. Would there be any serious interest from anyone on here to potentially pick one up? Helps to save some weight, and also looks very good, and definitely makes the truck unique, and down the road I may even be able to get CF intimidator spoilers and fenders. If interest really picks up I'll definitely be getting one for my hood made first, to ensure that it's made to spec so it fits properly and all that jazz.

Yeah shipping would be the big killer, shipping hoods would probably cost about 350 ish. Maybe more depending on brokerage. Costs of the hood itself can range from probably 3-500? Pretty sure the more orders I get at a time, the cheaper each hood would cost.

Shipping from the US to Canada was $252 for my hood. Donno what it would be from Canada to US. Carbon fiber fenders and quarter panels would be ( . ) ( . )

Or a complete box assembly.

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

Keep in mind that carbon fiber parts can be painted, you're not stuck with the carbon fiber look. But I'd be selling them with the resin gel coat so they're good to go out of the box needing no paint/prep and will survive the elements with proper care of course. I think the weight savings would help a lot, I'm definitely getting one for myself.