Check engine light on!!!!!

Blazerdave2000

Ok guys I'm starting to regret buying a Chevy here lol. Althought my pinging noise went away now that I actually use 93 octane lol ha. Anyway I now have a new problem. Check engine light came on today went right to autozone to get scanned. Came up with code p0449 definition evaporative emission system.

Probable cause

Purge or vent solenoids bad

Check connector and wireing

Fuel saturated vapor canister

Failed evap vent solenoid

Anyone had this problem before if so what's the best possible cause??

Thanks again any help would be greatly appreciated....

Sorry your having a rough start with it but don't get discouraged too soon. Within 3 months of buying my truck I had rebuilt the front diff and replaced a hub but that's been it for about 35,000 miles. My bank account has rebounded and I get to drive a SSS anytime I want to.

Best luck.

RebelOne might have it figured. These thing are sensitive to gas cap.

First check gas cap. If you have an aftermarket one then go buy a OEM one clear codes. See if it comes back. If it does come back its its your evap purge solenoid. Just did mine. Was pulling the same code. Replaced it with acdelco I got off amazon for 10$ and some 5/8 heater hose with 2 clamps. Took 10 minutes to replace. It's on the gas tank underneath the truck.

Edit. If you go try and buy the part from advance auto they don't have the right part numbers in their system. AutoZone does though but it doesn't hurt to know what it looks like before you buy it so you don't go home and have to go back up like I did just to return and then they end up not having it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

I have had the same code for 3 months now pop twice and its the $30 purge valve vent solenoid on the throttle body. Its one bolt one wire clip and a hose connecting takes 4 min. I had bought one and it must have been bad and I warranted it out with advance for a new one after it went the second time and just cleared the light. The only other thing could be that that wasn't it but the evap canister....about 200$ and let's hope that it not that. Need more info pm me.

Adam