Remove y-pipe without dropping trans support?

So I currently own 3 trucks, two 99 silverados (my old DD and a parts truck) and my SS. In an attempt to sell the 99's I am trying to get my old DD to pass inspection. I just took the cam sensor out of the parts truck and now it's time to tackle the passenger cat, which has a hole melted through it.

I tried the resistor/cap mod to the post-cat sensor but it didn't work, tomorrow I am going to get an O2 sim and make/buy a 90 degree pipe fitting (to clear the frame rail). If that doesn't work I want to switch y-pipes as the parts truck doesn't have any O2 sensor/cat codes.

Is it possible to remove the y-pipe without removing the trans support? I feel as if the trucks are too rusty to make removal even remotely successful. I have an aftermarket cat here from ebay but if I can switch the y-pipes and have it work then I am going to return the ebay cat.

Thanks for your help! I tried searching but returned nothing useful.

thanks, I bought an ebay cat instead of switching y pipes so I ended up cutting the old cat out at the welds then dropping the pipe by unbolting it from the manifold then using exhaust clamps to bolt it all back together. easy peasy, took an hour

Edited by travisn (see edit history)