LS7 Motor Swap Question

Ok, so other than the fact that a Corvette C6 Z06 LS7 427 engine costs about as much as a used SSS, are there any reasons I should not want to put one in my truck? I have a source that may be able to get me a really good deal on one out of a wreck and I'm trying to identify any issues before I get too excited about this idea. I have read several members here going with 408s, is there something about a 408 that makes them so popular?

This won't be happening any time soon, unless I hit the lottery. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

408's are popular because they're relatively cheap and can be made from our stock lq9. I don't see a problem with an ls7 but I'm not sure if there are any differences in swapping everything over if you plan on doing that.

Ok, so other than the fact that a Corvette C6 Z06 LS7 427 engine costs about as much as a used SSS, are there any reasons I should not want to put one in my truck? I have a source that may be able to get me a really good deal on one out of a wreck and I'm trying to identify any issues before I get too excited about this idea. I have read several members here going with 408s, is there something about a 408 that makes them so popular?

This won't be happening any time soon, unless I hit the lottery. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hay remember we talked about this lol I'm planning on doing about the same thing I def wanna try it. We will def keep intouch on this subject because I'm gonna do this in rhe future also. Glad you made it thou the storm too..