Heated seats not working

E U G

The mornings are starting to get a little chilly here in the PNW. I tried to use my heated seats for the first time and the driver's side doesn't work. When I press the button the light will turn on but will turn off again after a few seconds. It turns off quicker when I try pressing it again and again.

Anyone know what the issue might be? I have to be at work at 6AM so it would be nice to have heated seats during the week! Especially when winter rolls in...

Wow. Your lucky. I wake up here and it's already 90 degrees. Mine does the same. It's crazy cause the passenger side works fine but if it's on and I turn on the drivers side the both shut off. I researched it and it appears that it's just burnt out and the heating element needs to be replaced. Apparently they are on eBay but this is just what I found during my search. Don't know for a fact yet.

Wow. Your lucky. I wake up here and it's already 90 degrees. Mine does the same. It's crazy cause the passenger side works fine but if it's on and I turn on the drivers side the both shut off. I researched it and it appears that it's just burnt out and the heating element needs to be replaced. Apparently they are on eBay but this is just what I found during my search. Don't know for a fact yet.

Yeah, my passenger ones works fine too. I don't think it will shut off when I turn the driver's side one on though. I'll check at lunch...

I'm guessing the heating element is more money than I want spend to to fix it...

I had this same problem, turned out to be bad heater elements in the back rest and bottom cushion in the drivers seat. Passenger side still worked. If your pretty good with taking stuff apart its not to hard to replace them yourself. I got the elements from Rockauto.com, and installed them myself this summer and they work great!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Matt, is there anyway to test to make sure it's the heating element? Mine does the exact same thing. I've tried unplugging the seat and back and they both have continuity which makes me think they are working. I also tried turning the heat on with them unplugged and it still shuts down right away and I still here the click under the seat. Any help would be great. Thanks

• 2 years later...

Is it hard to get the elements out? I have the same problem and want to get it fixed. As we all know that leather we got gets cold as hell in the winter and it'd be nice if I had my heated seats back! Any step-by-step instructions or websites with instructions would be appreciated. Thanks guys

• 1 month later...

Mine does same exact thing. I think the wiring under drivers side is worn from seat moving back and fourth. Try this:

Start by moving seat all the way forward, or all the way backwards. Once you're there, begin to move it towards the other direction and turn the seat heater on. As long as you are moving the seat, the heater will stay on. 3 seconds after you stop, it'll turn itself off. I found somewhere in here that someone replaced the Harness under the seat and it was fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

My 04SS had the same problem! The heater would shut down after about 5 seconds on the drivers side only! Bought both the bottom and seatback replacement heater elements on EBay from APDTY(AutoPartsDirectToYou)! Had them installed at local custom shop for about $125 and they work better than originals! Don't be surprised if you see a few burn marks when you remove the old ones! The Dorman Part numbers are 641-105 for the bottom and 641-106 for the seat back! I would replace both as a set! Hope this helps! Craig