Drivers in Mass and New York are insane!

BOB47

Just got back from vacation. We went up to Montreal, across Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine to the coast. Down the coast to Boston area, then straight across mass and New York to Canada to Detroit area. I have driven all over this country and never experienced such stupidly aggressive drivers as the ones in mass and NY. In Mass. they totally ignore traffic signals and pedestrians. Red lights apparently mean stop if you feel like it and go when you want. On the Mass Turnpike and 95 across New York I was in the fast lane doing between 80-85mph (speed limit = 65mph) keeping pace with the cars in front of me. EVERY time there was a truck or slower vehicle in the right lane coming up, the cars behind me would jump into the right lane and fly past me on the right and then cut me off if I left more than 6 feet between me and the car ahead of me. It happened many, many times until I wised up and rode the bumper of the car in front so they couldn't cut over and they ended up stuck in the right lane behind the truck. Are these people stupid or insane? All they accomplish is getting 1 car length ahead and bottling up the traffic worse and making everyone slow down. Absolute stupidity! I'm always being accused of being an aggresive driver but those people are nuts.

You were in Maine and you didn't let me know? I live right on the coast. Where in Maine did you drive though? I was up in Jackman (@ camp) which is very close to the Canadian border.

They are not call 'Mass-Holes' for just no reason, lol.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Ha funny shit I experienced this crazy shit as soon as I picked up my rental in Newark liberty airport haha....I'm not gonna lie it took about a day for me to realize I needed to adjust to the flow n eventually drive like them...was there for a week but idk if I'd go back and drive there again.

Edited by 1skss (see edit history)

LMFAO ... As we say in Massachusetts, The guy with the most dents goes first!!!!

Hope you had fun!!!!

I too, did not know you were in the neighborhood. I would have met up with you all for dinner. Next time Bob .. :thumbs:

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I drove all over jersey and yea if u leave a small gap in front chances r ur getn cut haha. I would of been down to meet up with y'all that's pretty much all I did bar hop all over jersey.hotel i was staying in secaucus.

You were in Maine and you didn't let me know? I live right on the coast. Where in Maine did you drive though? I was up in Jackman (@ camp) which is very close to the Canadian border.

They are not call 'Mass-Holes' for just no reason, lol.

We took route 2 across through Bangor to the coast and stayed just outside Bar Harbor. Went through the Acadia National Forest and all that. Beautiful scenery. The we took route 1 and a bunch of little roads down the coast through all the small towns on the waterfront. Finally jumped on 95 just north of that little piece of New Hampshire and ran into Boston where we spent a pleasant 1 1/2 hrs parked in a tunnel. LOL Then went into Jamaica Plain where my brother in law lives. Overall a nice trip but I would skip the big city parts of it next time.

LMFAO ... As we say in Massachusetts, The guy with the most dents goes first!!!!

Hope you had fun!!!!

I too, did not know you were in the neighborhood. I would have met up with you all for dinner. Next time Bob .. :thumbs:

I really thought about giving you a call Shaun but I was never sure where we were going to be and when we were going to be there. When we go on vacation like that we just take off in some direction and drive til we see something interesting or I get tired of driving. By the time we left Boston all I wanted to do was get home. Stopped once for gas and lunch but otherwise drove through to Buffalo, got up the next morning and headed home.

We took route 2 across through Bangor to the coast and stayed just outside Bar Harbor. Went through the Acadia National Forest and all that. Beautiful scenery. The we took route 1 and a bunch of little roads down the coast through all the small towns on the waterfront. Finally jumped on 95 just north of that little piece of New Hampshire and ran into Boston where we spent a pleasant 1 1/2 hrs parked in a tunnel. LOL Then went into Jamaica Plain where my brother in law lives. Overall a nice trip but I would skip the big city parts of it next time.

If you were on the Picataqua River Bridge on 95 (big green bridge that seperates ME and NH) you were literally 2 miles from my house.