New SS owner here... Questions!

GTRogers

How much did you pay for all that? Where are you getting the tune from also? Right now I am trying to sell my 04 mach 1, got about 25k in it. Supercharged, everything except for internal work done.

I had zippy tune it. He is on this forum EXCELLENT Tuner. Cam and springs were like 450$. New 7.4 hardened rods 110$. Converter 450$. Servos and shift kit 100$ injectors 450$ electric fans and harness 250$. It's not real cheap but not bad either.

I had zippy tune it. He is on this forum EXCELLENT Tuner. Cam and springs were like 450$. New 7.4 hardened rods 110$. Converter 450$. Servos and shift kit 100$ injectors 450$ electric fans and harness 250$. It's not real cheap but not bad either.

WOW! How much did you pay for Labor?! Seems like a pretty good price. And I dont have to get injectors and shit. Are you in South carolina?

Im from Texas, but in the USMC and I live in South Carolina stationed at MCAS Beaufort.

WOW! How much did you pay for Labor?! Seems like a pretty good price. And I dont have to get injectors and shit. Are you in South carolina?

Im from Texas, but in the USMC and I live in South Carolina stationed at MCAS Beaufort.

I'm in south fla. Alot of guys from Texas on here. I dropped the truck off today so for labor not sure yet. I told them if it takes a little more time to do it right to take it slower lol. Price isn't bad so far but that's still to be determined lol

That's prob about right. I will prob pay a good bit more than that. You can get a cam kit on pt net they have a couple on there now. Won't cost ya a grand. Labor is where they get ya unless you do it yourself. I don't have a place to do it or the right tools or I would have tackled mine. I wanted to have that cam sound and stay NA.

How did Zippy tune your truck? Just ship the tuner and him put the tune on it?

I have a place I could do it myself, only thing is that I have NO experience what-so-ever with cam swaps or anything like that. I wish I did! And can you please give me a good link to buy stuff for our trucks. I know Mustangs have Americanmuscle.com but theres nothing out there for Chevy's...

So what is PT net?

Also I think I found the cam I want a comp cam 222/224 .566/.568 112LSA It sounds amazing, and the stall isnt very high so it seems moderate, and I wont need new injectors. I just gotta figure out how much springs and push rods will run me.

Is a Shift kit and e fans and tranny cooler necessary?

Also I have the vortec max engine. not sure if that means anything to yall, I dont think theres much of a difference between the normal 6.0 and the Vortec Max. I especially dont have the comfort ride adjustable suspension!

So any information you might have for me would be great. Feel free to PM me or justz write on here! THANKS!

Ok well seems to be my problem is I have the vortec max which has the 4L70E and seems like I cant find a converter for it, theyre all for the 4L60E

2Bfast said i was nuts when i went with a Phoenix tc.

Norcal recommended them. The owner answered the phone and i had the tc in 4 days. Awesome. Link is in the first post.

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=703