Rear Seat mod question

rdavid0412

For those of you who have done the mod and mounted something behind the seat, how did you do it? I have an amp and a cap I would want to mount there but I am not willing to drill through the back of the cab. Are there any OEM carpet kits for them? If so anf PN's?

Last of all any pics ? Thanks for all of the help in advance!

The easiet way is to remove the seat and cut the little metal tabs a 1/4 off from the bottom. This will allow you tolift the back f the seat up and allow it to fold down. There is a write up on it here with pictures. Most people use a piece of 1/2 wood and glue it to the back of the cab and you can screw your amp and such to that. I did that and the wood wouldnt stay.

I used large velcrow strips. just besure to ground the amp housing, and remember your Amp ground should be a very short distance. I also had an issue with the hinge of the seat hitting my amp when the seat was in the up posison, so be sure you test fit it before mounting.

i couldnt see pics on the write up before, but if you look at the metal catch on the back of the seat you'll see wear marks. just cut it with a sawzall at the lowest point keeping more of the catch on the back of the seat. your better off cutting not enough then too much.

also forgot to mention the back of the rear seat never folds completely down. just enoughto see/work back there.

Edited by A_FuriouSS (see edit history)

1/2 inch mdf or plywood with liquid nails to hold it to the truck. That shit will never come off though. Carpet it yourself before installing it and your good. Watch out, because there are vents in the back and if you cover them the airbags will not deploy properly. That needs to be accounted for when doing the wood. There was someone on here 2 months ago that posted one and damn it looked clean. Wish I could pull up the post. Look under the electronics section and you will find people who have done this stuff for their amps.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

I mounted everything to a piece of 1/2" MDF that fit in the "middle" of that area. To keep the MDF from moving, was simple: I let the bottom rest on the floor and braced the top by flipping that child restraint upside down (had to bend it around a bit). Think of a bracket that is used to hold down those old "waffle style" speaker grills from radio shack. I did this about 4 yrs ago and it hasn't moved one bit and the main thing is that it's EASILY removable since it's just one bolt...which is also where I mounted my GND.

I mounted everything to a piece of 1/2" MDF that fit in the "middle" of that area. To keep the MDF from moving, was simple: I let the bottom rest on the floor and braced the top by flipping that child restraint upside down (had to bend it around a bit). Think of a bracket that is used to hold down those old "waffle style" speaker grills from radio shack. I did this about 4 yrs ago and it hasn't moved one bit and the main thing is that it's EASILY removable since it's just one bolt...which is also where I mounted my GND.

Do you have any issues with rubbing on the back seat at all?