shift solenoid

bad 04 ss

put the scanner on my truck and it says shift solenoid b stuck on..would this be why if i am doin 60 to 70 mph and hold it ther the trans will randomly down shift and hold rpms to 3 k then a couple miles later kicks back in.or is this a verter issue.need some advice,also no engine lite is on i just randomly hooked the scanner up and it said this so not sure wher to start.

Is the convertor stock or aftermarket. From what i have read solenoid B being stuck could be the first sign of 3rd gear out. The 4l60e's always have this issue with that code. Google search shift solenoid B stock on and you will find tons of people having the same issue and what you could do.

Yea i have noticed that too..heres the kicker,lastnight i changed 3 stepper motors on my cluster and now she shifts when suppost to,i suppose that since one of the motors was the mph,and that was throwing false signal to the pcm,is my thinking right or am i just thinking crazy?