Lq9 - L92 heads

Kido SS

Nothing, I read on gm performance about this mod and Ive allways wanted to add some hp. I also heard about a Z06 cam but dont know what to do. I kinda feel slow on the street. Also Im going to do the pcm. My sss is an awd can it take more hp?

Your jumping in pretty deep by wanting to do l92 heads, which requires intake, throttle body, xlink, and cam change. Not to mention all the little things you'll need.

What are your goals for the truck?

And budget?

X2 doin heads as first mod aint the best to start with take alot of work and lot of little things you have to do or might as well do while u got that apart best off starting with the easier thing. Pcm,cai,shift ,kit servo,cat back. All thinng you'll need/should do to help the heads perform

I get what you guys are saying, but isnt the L92 the same engine as the LQ9 but with diferent heads? What I really want to know is, is it a good gain of hp? I know that if I want to get the max out of this mod I would have to do a lot of other things. but wanted to know if these heads are a great, good or an ok mod.

Great mod definitely and if you come across a good deal take it! Also try and stick with the L92 truck intake not the L76 car intake. Some say the car intake flows better. I've seen dyno's back to back and truck intake out performs the car and FAST intake. this is ONLY IF the l92 has been ported. Ported L92 still cheaper then L76 and fast intakes. As the others say lots needed to make it work and $$. But worth in the end.

The l92 is not the same as the lq9. As far as power, it all depends in the setup. If you want a good performance gain look into some trick flow heads or ported and polished 243/799 heads off the newer 5.3's. Cam, intake manifold, torque converter all play a role in how much "power" you get out of a setup. Choose everything so it matches up nicely and you'll feel a very nice increase in performance. Rather than slapping stuff together which could actually hurt performance.

I am chasing a 12.9 run

but still think timing is getting pulled in my tune, killing my times. Best I have had so far is 13.2

I have not been to track at all this year :)

what mods have u done?