Any GM employees or anyone with contacts that could assist me?

ADUAE

Hi, i've just recently found a '03 SS over here in the UAE. They are quite rare here and i'm not sure if they were ever sold by the local dealer. Anyway, i've stumbled across a black one that has been imported from canada, i've already asked chevy here if they can try to pull some history up on it using the VIN but I haven't received any feedback yet. The dealer who has it has no papers for it apart from its import documentation. The vehicle has a fair bit of scratches on the top side of the tailgate, some scratches down the side, it has one new headlamp and a new bumper. To me it looks like its been in some sort of accident but I can't tell exactly what the damage could have been. It has an annoying sound coming from the front right suspension but that could be something minor. I'm looking for a pick up for work and stumbling across this little beaut for only $9000 makes me want to just snap it up. The engine is smooth and clean, the interior is perfectly fine and it has around 100,000 miles on the clock.

Some areas for concern are the fresh new front bumper, the top of the tailgate scratches and the top side of the drivers side door... inside ( very odd place to get such heavy scratches ) If anyone has anyway of pulling up its history over in Canada or the U.S. i'd greatly appreciate it. The VIN is 2GCEK19N931329292, if anyone manages to pull anything up good or bad please forward an email to [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

Can't help with VIN documentation but it sounds like a pretty decent deal, to me.

Can you take it for a test drive and have an independent shop, (who you know and trust), look it over?

Do the scratches include dents, or are they just cosmetic? Heavy collision damage could show in tire wear.

Just my thoughts on it. Good luck.

Here's a link to the autocheck report, http://www.fordofkir...CEK19N931329292

Looks like its got 220,000 miles on it and was exported there on 6/23/12

For 9,000 its still a decent deal I would say especially over there I would guess?

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Thanks for the replies folks. Especially Matt. I should be able to get it cheaper given that report. The odometer was definitely not over 200,000 miles. Was in the low 100's so i'll be able to call them out on that one also they said "accident free" which the report clearly states it has been in one. I did test drive it however and the only notable issue i could pick up on was the suspension on the front right. Everything else felt good. I'll take that report and possible haggle it down to an even cheaper price. The cheaper the better! I'll get on this asap! Thanks again, huge help!

Just a quick one, are these vehicles reliable? I've read a fair few reviews and not really picked up on any issues they have. Is there any parts that are likely to fail etc??

I looked up the VIN for you! some info you should know this truck had the front diff overhauled at 37,935MILES under warranty

and it has had the front shocks replaced at 19,688 under warranty as well!

the last time it had a warranty claim was 05/06/2010 80,301 MI

it might only have that many miles on the clock unless it was driven from the states to UAE

that truck made one heck of a trip!

It is a real ss according to the VIN you put down!

hope it works out for you!

Thanks for the information Andy, little bit confused now haha. As the report above states the below. 06/20/2008 WORCESTER, MA

84,910 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:BF826943) (Lien Reported)

2008 with 84,910 miles on the clock already? It's currently got around 120 - 140K on the clock, can't remember the number exactly. But thats a fair bit less than the 220,000 miles that the first report states. Sadly I don't think the GM dealer over here will be able to help much. Is there any authorities I can contact in the States that can provide me with some light on the accident it was involved in or any online database I can check? Over here we just provide the VIN to the police and they will provide all the information on any damage caused, if anyone was injured/killed and what the cause was etc. I've already contacted a website to see if they can assist me with it. Some sort of accident database, I checked their records for Providence, Rhode Island, but I could only access up to july this year, unfortunately. Obviously if im going to buy it, i'd want as much information as possible. Shop smart!

Thanks for all the assistance so far :happysad:

One someone could have replaced the entire guage cluster as the stepper motors go out. If so and they didnt have the odometer set to the old cluster, it would have mileage tampering and would affect the long term history of the truck.

If it were in a accident, it might not have been reported and fixed out of pocket. That leaves no documentation on damage with any check no matter how thorough.

As for the scratches on top of the tailgate, it probably is from hauling and not being careful, same goes for the inner door.

If there are indeed two different mileages reported I myself wouldnt want it, as well as unconfirmed damaged and if it was even fixed right.