Seriously Thinking About Trading in the SS...

2006SilverSS

I've been throwing the idea around for a while now, but lately I'm really thinking about trading in the SS for a 2013 Ford Focus ST (http://shar.es/cnhIR). Let me know if the link doesn't work. I don't have a family of my own, but I have 3 nephews and it would be much easier to take them places in a vehicle they could get into on their own.

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck (most of the time), but as she's getting older things are starting to need repairs and if I'm going to trade her in, I may as well do it before I sink more money in her. :dunno:

A few years ago I was adamant about not owning a Ford since I thought they lived up to the acronym's of 'Fix Or Repair Daily', and 'Found On Road Dead'. However since I've been traveling for work and had several Ford vehicles as rental cars, I've been quite impressed with the leaps and bounds that Ford has made in their products. I'd never own the normal Focus as the AT is crap, but the ST comes with a 6 speed manual and a turbo 2.0 which should propel that car quite nice. I haven't done a test drive of it just yet, but probably will this coming weekend when I'm home again. I just thought I would get opinions before I make any final decisions, and what better place than here.

Thanks,

Daryl

The Focus ST's are pretty sweet little cars, but will you be happy if you trade in a truck for a compact car?

I have thought about the same thing for a while, it would be fun trading in my SS for a small sporty car like a Subaru STI or maybe even get a Camaro, but IDK if I would be happy with a smaller car as my all the time driver.

The Focus ST's are pretty sweet little cars, but will you be happy if you trade in a truck for a compact car?

I have thought about the same thing for a while, it would be fun trading in my SS for a small sporty car like a Subaru STI or maybe even get a Camaro, but IDK if I would be happy with a smaller car as my all the time driver.

One of the many things I've been thinking about, but while I've been traveling for the last 9 months for work, and mostly been driving normal cars as rentals, I think the answer to that would be yes. Before I started traveling the answer would have been no, and for as little I use the truck as a 'truck', there is very little need to keep it right now.

I have been throwing the idea of trading the ss in as well for the last month. But definitely bit on a compact lol. I am thinking Denali HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I thought about going the truck route again, but the prices on them have skyrockted and I really want something that I can have load of fun driving around the twisty mountain roads in Cali.

Yeah I might change my mind about smaller cars now that my wife has a Subaru Legecy GT. If i Drive that around I might start liking cars more and more.

Right now I have my SS which I will only drive when the weather is nice, and I will drive my Tahoe druring the winter and use it for hunting/fishing etc... I have to pau $100 a month in insurance for both.

The smartest thing I could do is trade in both my Tahoe and SS for a 2500 CC Dmax Then I would have the power and offroading capability and only have one vehicle to to both.

The biggest thing that keeps me from selling my SS is the coolness factor. There are very few of them and I love that.

Yeah I might change my mind about smaller cars now that my wife has a Subaru Legecy GT. If i Drive that around I might start liking cars more and more.

Right now I have my SS which I will only drive when the weather is nice, and I will drive my Tahoe druring the winter and use it for hunting/fishing etc... I have to pau $100 a month in insurance for both.

The smartest thing I could do is trade in both my Tahoe and SS for a 2500 CC Dmax Then I would have the power and offroading capability and only have one vehicle to to both.

The biggest thing that keeps me from selling my SS is the coolness factor. There are very few of them and I love that.

The coolness is something that would be hard to give up, but at least I'm looking at the Focus ST and not just a regular one that is a dime a dozen... so that makes it a little better.

Id get a Subaru if you're looking for a car. it may be a ST but its still a ford focus lol.

I thought about the STI for a min, but the starting price is 5K more than the fully loaded ST. Not that price is a HUGE issue, but I've set a limit as to the amount that I want to finance so I can pay it off quickly.

I thought about the STI for a min, but the starting price is 5K more than the fully loaded ST. Not that price is a HUGE issue, but I've set a limit as to the amount that I want to finance so I can pay it off quickly.

What about the regular WRX? It is around the same exact price as the Focus ST but it has AWD and more HP. The STI is amazing but the reguarl WRX is just as impressive. The only thing that makes the STI a little better is the 40 more HP (which you can make up) and the AWD system you can adjust.

What about the regular WRX? It is around the same exact price as the Focus ST but it has AWD and more HP. The STI is amazing but the reguarl WRX is just as impressive. The only thing that makes the STI a little better is the 40 more HP (which you can make up) and the AWD system you can adjust.

I haven't looked into the WRX to much, but is the base one turbo or N/A? I also like the features that the Focus ST offers for the price.

I was just doing some research on Forum's for the ST and it looks like people are working on tunes for the new car right now. There is one tuning place that is saying they are getting 313WHP / 355WTQ out of the ST. They haven't release specifics on what was changed other than tuning if anything, but that's impressive.

IT'S STILL A FFFFOOORRRDDDD! You never downgrade C'MON! Haha I've had my fair share of fords. Just figured I would stir things up! Lol and I wrote NEVER in the sellers name slot on the SSS title.

Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)

I haven't looked into the WRX to much, but is the base one turbo or N/A? I also like the features that the Focus ST offers for the price.

I was just doing some research on Forum's for the ST and it looks like people are working on tunes for the new car right now. There is one tuning place that is saying they are getting 313WHP / 355WTQ out of the ST. They haven't release specifics on what was changed other than tuning if anything, but that's impressive.

Yeah the WRX is a Turbo. It has the same 2.5L Turbo thats in the STI but the WRX is 265hp and the STI is 305hp

These newer Tubo charged 4bangers are awesome. Tuners are able to get some serious HP out of them. The 2.0T in the Cadillac ATS is 270hp, thats 135hp per liter. Man I wish our SS's had 135hp per liter. 810 hp sounds good to me