Seriously Thinking About Trading in the SS...

2006SilverSS

IT'S STILL A FFFFOOORRRDDDD! You never downgrade C'MON! Haha I've had my fair share of fords. Just figured I would stir things up! Lol

Haha, I hear ya. If I hadn't been getting Ford's as rental cars I wouldn't even be considering it. Plus all the car mags are giving the ST a really good review saying it's a blast to drive.

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

i think about trading the truck in every now and then , then i remember its paid for and i dont want any new payments.

Thats how I feel. I kept telling myself my SS was paid off and the Tahoe is paid off I dont need another car. Then of course I decided to get my wife a new car.

I could trade both my SS and Tahoe in for a new vehicle and not have a payment.

i think about trading the truck in every now and then , then i remember its paid for and i dont want any new payments.

Yet another thing that goes through my head, but also why I set a limit as to the amount I would be willing to pay for the ST so that I could get it paid off rather quickly and be back to no car payments.

Test drive it, several times. cause you really don't want buyers remorse.

My plan is to go to a dealer here while I'm in TX so I have nothing to trade in and just drive it... then do the same back home and talk serious deals if I like the car.

But when you get home from having a rental all week, don't you feel good to get behind the wheel of the SS?

I bought a new Camry Sport in July and love it. I test drove a million cars and trucks and kept going back to the Camry Sport. Yes, I know, it's a Camry, but the thing is fun as heck to drive and they pack a crap load of features into it with a decent price. I got the very top of the line Sport. The Charger I looked at was 34k with the same features and the new Regal was around that same price range, and it was way smaller.

There are no other SS's around my parts of the woods, so whenever I take it out for a spin on those nice sunny days, it puts a smile on my face knowing that I've got something special, plus seeing others looking at the SS is fun too.

But when you get home from having a rental all week, don't you feel good to get behind the wheel of the SS?

I bought a new Camry Sport in July and love it. I test drove a million cars and trucks and kept going back to the Camry Sport. Yes, I know, it's a Camry, but the thing is fun as heck to drive and they pack a crap load of features into it with a decent price. I got the very top of the line Sport. The Charger I looked at was 34k with the same features and the new Regal was around that same price range, and it was way smaller.

There are no other SS's around my parts of the woods, so whenever I take it out for a spin on those nice sunny days, it puts a smile on my face knowing that I've got something special, plus seeing others looking at the SS is fun too.

I love the sound of the truck after having rentals all the time that's for sure, and the amount of power that the truck puts out compared to other vehicles, but after now test driving the Focus ST I'm really impressed with the torque curve it has. Also with tuners getting 313 whp / 355 wtq out of the ST, that's right around (if not more) than the SSS is putting down, and in a vehcle half the weight.

There are a few SSS's around here, I've seen them from time to time.

Hate to see or hear it go, but do what's best for you and makes you happy, that's the biggest thing, me personally I like being in a truck but like I said that's just me.

I LOVE being in my truck, but that's not to say that down the road when I own a home I won't have one again in addition to whatever I have at that point. I just can't justify owning two cars living in an apartment right now. Plus then I would have to decide which one gets parked on the street and which one in the spot, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, l had a deposit down on the other car and have been thinking about it since (about a month). Since the order wasn't even pulled by Ford yet I decided that for now I'll just do without a car payment and enjoy it while that lasts. So for now she says with me.