Help me modify my engine

Im new to the site and I enjoy reading all the info put out on these trucks. It's got me wanting to do stuff I would have never thought of. I have a 03 SS silverado with a p1sc intercooled supercharger. That is the only engine mod done at this time. What are some good mods to make it fast, but also have good driving manners when i cruise or take a trip. What kind of cam, pulley, stall, headers etc... thanks!

Procharger has a (k&n?) air filter on the headunit so cai isn't really possible unless you routed some tubing off the headunit.

Pacesetter 1-3/4" longtube headers are good for the price to get the air out more efficiently.

You can pulley down on your P1 for more boost.

A higher stall torque convertor well help build boost faster, circle D makes very nice torque convertors.

Do some research on here or performancetrucks.net and see what works for other guys. you could get a custom grind cam spec'd for you from Pat G and choose the stall accordingly. I like a 3200-3600 stall, nice for DD and worked well when I had my P1.

Procharger has a (k&n?) air filter on the headunit so cai isn't really possible unless you routed some tubing off the headunit.

Pacesetter 1-3/4" longtube headers are good for the price to get the air out more efficiently.

You can pulley down on your P1 for more boost.

A higher stall torque convertor well help build boost faster, circle D makes very nice torque convertors.

My bad. Shows how much I know about superchargers lol

If that is the only mod, why not a Cold Air Intake from K&N or Volant? It will not see as great of numbers as your super charger, but it will help.

My bad. Shows how much I know about superchargers lol

Not at all trying to be an ass here, but this is a perfect example of others trying to help with little to no experience. This is why I bring this up often because what if this ol boy ordered a CAI kit and goes to put it on but steps back and scratches his head as to how it will work with the blower kit he already has? Then he posts back on here asking how it works and so and so advised him to order it.

If you are going to give advice, have the experience or knowledge to use it.

Again, just trying to prevent a bad situation.

Not at all trying to be an ass here, but this is a perfect example of others trying to help with little to no experience. This is why I bring this up often because what if this ol boy ordered a CAI kit and goes to put it on but steps back and scratches his head as to how it will work with the blower kit he already has? Then he posts back on here asking how it works and so and so advised him to order it.

If you are going to give advice, have the experience or knowledge to use it.

Again, just trying to prevent a bad situation.

X2 even though i don't agree with you often

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Im new to the site and I enjoy reading all the info put out on these trucks. It's got me wanting to do stuff I would have never thought of. I have a 03 SS silverado with a p1sc intercooled supercharger. That is the only engine mod done at this time. What are some good mods to make it fast, but also have good driving manners when i cruise or take a trip. What kind of cam, pulley, stall, headers etc... thanks!

Welcome to the site TJ.

Lots of good info available here.

Just curious; Has your transmission been modded to hold up to the engine mods?

Only mentioning it in case you haven't heard that the orig. trans doesn't care for a lot of added HP unmodded.

Brands of parts and sizes of cam, stall etc are all going to be peoples opinions, as everyone likes one brand over another. The best way to add a cam, converter etc, is to talk to a engine builder and tell them what your future goals are. HP expectations, drive ability, etc. Cam selection is a big part of making HP, if you choose the wrong cam and overlap you will be hurting performance and wasting money. You dont want to have to do a cam swap twice.... Any motor with any forced induction the cam should be matched to the other modifications of the motor and boost to perform and make the best HP doing it once. Stall converter as well, that has to either be built or matched to the engines modifications to perform correctly and not be too much or too little of a stall. otherwise it will hurt your performance and you will again waste money and time.

Only a engine builder will be able to properly set you up with the correct parts to work efficiently with each other and have you do the job only once. Im not saying the people on this site arent smart enough to help you, but a engine builder who does this for a living is the best choice.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)