SWRIL MARKS

OK so as title says im having a issue with swril mark i made the dumb mistake of letting our detailer at the dealership wet sand and buff he did great job wet sanding but i got swril marks to beat hell tryed foam pad and and buff tone along with 3m's swril remover took care of the majority of it but when it get lil dirty you can see the marks again.... what do you guys recommend i do does adams have a swirl remover product and what else should i get with is carnuaba wax hand polish what??? any help would b great since i need to redue it before snow flys

The best way to remove swirl marks is to use a good quality polish and using the right pads... If you use the wrong pads you will either make it worse or notice no effect. I use Meguires polish and it does a great job. Adams is also a great product, use the severs swirl remover and follow up with the swirl and haze. The type of buffer you use also depends on what is left, the speed you use.

Almost all detailers at dealers are lazy and wont spend the extra time to remove the holograms caused by the buffers.Since you paid to have the vehicle wet sanded it should be perfect. Id be bringing it back..... Either the detailer doesnt know what they are doing or are just plain lazy.

If you have the adams line they do have stuff for that. Honestly you can get swirl marks from washing your car alone although yes the buffer is the easy way to do it. If you have the hand polishing kit or the PC if you have or can get there pc machine with there 3 step process i promise you they will dissappear and no they will not come back with the pc as its a dual action and doesnt spin or move fast enough to cause those holograms. Also i did a quick search on the adams forum to give you an idea

http://www.adamsforu...stions/2820.htm

Also if you have pictures that would be great to get a better idea of what your dealing with

Edited by blick05SS (see edit history)

ya its more the hologram left behind dont got ne pics yet just washed it few days ago hasnt got dirty enough to show up yet but i will post pics before i wash it again BTW (blown346) i didnt pay for it im a service advisor at dealership and had our detailer do it cuz i couldnt seem to find time but i wont do that again

blick05ss do you have a link to their 3 stage pc kit? are pad included?

appericate all the help guys

ya its more the hologram left behind dont got ne pics yet just washed it few days ago hasnt got dirty enough to show up yet but i will post pics before i wash it again BTW (blown346) i didnt pay for it im a service advisor at dealership and had our detailer do it cuz i couldnt seem to find time but i wont do that again

blick05ss do you have a link to their 3 stage pc kit? are pad included?

appericate all the help guys

This is there basic PC Kit, it will remove any swirls. But you need to protect the paint after you apply the 3 step process

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-733-adams-basic-porter-cable-7424-xp-polisher-kit.aspx

Its important to clay bar your car first before you use the PC or you can creat more swirls. I recomend this, it also has the machine super sealant that you can put on after the 3 step process.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-735-adams-complete-porter-cable-7424-xp-polisher-kit.aspx

If you want it to really look good, get this one:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-755-adams-brilliance-porter-cable-7424-xp-polisher-kit.aspx

sure do this is there big kit but has everything you will need in it.

http://www.adamspoli...lisher-kit.aspx

yup thats the one im goin with prly not going to order till sumtime nxt week but i will post pics of before and the marks im talkn bout that way u see what im up against and pics during and after to show process to get finnal product thanks for the links guys the truck will appericate it lol :jester:

Butch is correct but you may also want to try their deep swirl mark remover which I believe is green.

Then move up to the next product in the set, also you may need to work certain areas a few times with the product to get the full but watch the videos first they explain alot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys knew i could count on the SSS family for great avdise once i get the kit ill let u guys know how she turns out

mook@adams u got ne coupons that would apply to that kit for me

Alex,

You always get your 10% off for being a member here.

That code is: SuperSport

Thank you,

Mook